or Connect

Posts by Alex Hayes

I don't think you will get many suggestions here for a suit you will be able to buy locally for under $200. The folks here are focused on quality, which can be found on a budget, but not very likely when limiting yourself to buying locally. As you said, you have been looking at Men's Warehouse. As I understand, most brands you will find in a place like this won't be of a very high quality. My suggestion, if you want to stay in your price range and buy locally, is not to...
It's a shame some people have to show their apparent "superiority" by being extremely rude and unhelpful. Being honest is one thing but being a jerk is another thing entirely. Anyway, if I were you I would just try the look and see what you think. After all, you will be the one wearing it. As far as following "Classic Menswear" guidelines, I'm sure it doesn't. But when it comes to casual dress I think you are a little more free to break the rules. I hope you figure it out!
That's exactly what I was getting at. While $169 is a lot for me at my age particularly because I am still in school, I am personally not willing to sacrifice quality just for a low price. What I meant by my comment is that I see the reason that companies are trying to make suits that are cheap. They want them to appeal to people who are mostly concerned about price and not quality. I like quality and I like affordability. So for me that means going the second hand route....
This is a useful comment to the thread.  The point is to discuss the cheap suits. I agree with this comment. The first thing I noticed were the sharp, oversized shoulders which don't give the suit a good look. I think companies like this are trying to appeal to a younger crowd that doesn't have a lot of disposable income. I'm 21 so for me, $169 would be a good chunk of money to drop on a suit. Unfortunately, with clothing such as a suit, it is tough to offer quality at...
The comment was just so irrelevant to the topic that there's no other reason I could see for making it. Lets not disrespect the OP's post and diverge too far from the point of it.
You know, I don't think its the fact you spend that much on your hair that upsets people, I think its the way you're throwing that out there as an obvious brag to make yourself seem above someone who may wish to spend a "measly" $160 on a suit rather than a haircut.
Here's a few finds from the past couple weeks. Pretty good stuff for my area.   [[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]] Hey guys, I'm kind of new here but I have recently become more into good, quality clothing. I enjoy quality construction with everything so I figured I should extend that interest to my clothes! I also happen to enjoy thrifting a ton so I have began searching through the clothes when I visit the stores. I've learned a lot here about what is good and what isn't and how to tell. I've picked up a few things here and there. Being in a fairly small town I don't...
I have no idea. But, I can give a little advice. If you don't get a good answer by the time you need it, just get the 4 yards for the suit than get another yard in what you want for the lapels. I would imagine one quarter of the fabric needed for a whole suit wouldn't be used solely on the lapels but that way you will be safe and if the lapels don't work out you still have the 4 yards for a single color suit.
I've been to prom 3 times. Each time I'm sure I didn't wear a styleforum approved outfit. I'm pretty sure I have worn a black dress shirt to prom which is a no-no (I can understand why now). I never went with a classic tuxedo but I always went simple. I wore a black jacket with black pants and black tuxedo shoes. I wore a vest a couple of the years but it was a very subdued off white and i wore a solid colored tied. I believe it was a cream colored one at least two of...