or Connect

Posts by ScottW

If I accept a return, will ebay let me adjust the amount of the refund? I'm not opted into hassle-free returns and don't have a restocking fee % specified. I know I'll get the FVF back from ebay, but what about paypal fees? If I won't get those back then I'd like to be able to deduct the PP fee and my original shipping cost from the refund amount. The return is not my fault, just accepting it because I'm feeling nice this week and the buyer asked politely and agreed to pay...
There have been cases of fake money orders and (more commonly) bank-issued cashier's checks. I would only accept a USPS money order, and then only ship the item/s after you have taken the MO to the post office to cash it and have dollar bills in hand.  Anybody doing anything different with your 10-day listings this week? The usual Thursday-through-second-Sunday would have them ending the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I seem to remember doing okay on sales that week last year,...
^^^ That exact same GSP situation happened to me a couple of months ago. You are "opted in" (a bullshit phrase considering no other option is presented) when you accept the updated T&C agreement, which you have to do. I just waited 24 hours and opted out.
Is this a thing? I can't find a brand name anywhere on it, but I have the feeling that I've seen that airplane logo in this thread before. The content tag says 100% silk and made in Italy.  
Had a so-so day. Four stores, picked up a total of 6 ties, one pair of shoes, and 2 pairs of cufflinks which are a first for me (rarely seen, and until now, all overpriced). The big letdown of the day was finding a peak lapel double breasted overcoat made with Loro Piana 100% cashmere, with moth damage all over the place.   Stores were more crowded than usual. Lots of young-ish women, which ordinarily wouldn't be a bad thing, except that they roamed in aimless packs with...
On a suit shipped 3 days ago, tracking says "no such number" and package will be returned to sender due to incorrect address. That was on Dec 9, with no reported tracking activity since. Is this just another example of them screwing up the scan? I can type the guys address into the ship interface and it works fine, and if I google map it I can see the guy's house with the street number visible in the photo on street view, so it's definitely a good address. Anyone ever seen...
The "treatment" I've been using is the one that's often linked from Put This On- diluted distilled white vinegar, then concentrated oxyclean paste, then soak in normal oxyclean dilution before laundering. It works well but unfortunately it leaves MOP buttons kind of chalky. Is that from the vinegar? Will oxyclean by itself, or Org's Dawn/H2O2 treatment, turn MOPs chalky? And regardless of how MOPs became chalky in the first place, is there a method to restore their normal...
I picked up a BP Collector's Edition about two weeks after Spoo's sold for $$. I was relieved when I finally unloaded it last week for $10.
Picked up just a few things this week. 3x CT and a Boss Forbes magazine tie and a BB elephant patternLOL NWT Psycho Bunny (n/a) Viyella for me, and probably the first Pink I've found that's in good condition. It's headed you-know-where unless one of you wants it (french cuffed 16.5 x 34). 2x T&A sea island cotton, and a Kiton (cherry pop!) and all of them fit me. BBGF 3roll2 patch pocket brown houndstooth SC  [[SPOILER]]  Pretty nice Tom James SC, Filo a Mano with Holland...
Nice haul overall but I have my doubts on these two. The top one is almost certainly fake (not real cashmere) based on previous discussion in this thread. That same generic label is all over ebay, is sometimes carried by the same street vendors who sell fake Oakleys and fake Rolexes, and was on a scarf that was burn tested as synthetic by someone on this thread around 1-2 months ago. The bottom one has me suspicious but slightly more curious. Lochmere just sounds like a...