or Connect

Posts by AdamAdam

My GMTO merlot EC from Sept arrived in Nov with a tear in the leather so I sent them back just prior to Thanksgiving. Finally just got them back almost three months later and during my first lace-up a hook popped right off the right boot. I have an email into Allison. Not sure if it's easier to take it to a cobbler and see if they have a matching hook and let Allison know what it cost or just send them back again and wait. It looks like the hook just broke apart from the...
 If  you don't mind me asking, what size did you get from Benjos? Looks like 22, 36, 54 inch is what they offer. I was told by AE that the Bayfield takes 45 inch.
 Thanks, I'll check out Benjos. The ones that came with mine are far too thick and pop off the hooks regularly and are a pain to lace.
 I like those laces. The ones that came with mine are thicker and just don't work well with the speed hooks. Where did you pick those laces up?
Not really an MTO question but kind of... I had a Bayfield made some time ago during the older SF MTO program. I got the thick flat laces with them which I'm now deciding I don't love. I want some basic brown round laces. I couldn't find anything on AE's website so I chatted with them online and was told that since those laces hadn't been used for some time (discontinued model) they were no longer available for sale.   Since many on here recently had a Bayfield MTO done,...
Anyone still waiting on their Merlot EC from the GMTO order in Sept? I received mine in Nov but there was a tear in the leather so Allison had me send them back which I did right away. As of our last email communication on Jan 5 she said it would still be "a few weeks". I haven't heard anything since but did email her two days ago to check. I guess they got backlogged with all the trunk show and other GMTO orders.   BTW, I had never seen this emoticon before. Creepy.  
Still waiting on my merlot EC from September. They arrived around when others were getting their boots but there was a defect so sent them back to Allison. They are being re-made. Waiting...
Allison apologized and sent me a return label. Back they go.
There were some recent posts about polishing bourbon shoes. I too have a Mora 2.0 in bourbon that is fairly new and I love the color. They are due for a treatment but I'm not sure exactly how to care for them. I chatted with someone on ae.com and they weren't very helpful. I'll most likely start by using neutral polish since that seems like the safest approach and then I can move to bourbon polish if needed but won't be able to easily go the other way. What I'm wondering...
I received my GMTO Merlot EC boots yesterday and just had a chance to open them up today. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to flaws because for the most part no one will ever see them and after all, they're just shoes. However, I'm a little concerned about this one and wondering how it wasn't noticed.     First off, not sure why they only ship one shoe in the shoe bag. Why not ship both in bags? The one not in the bag had scuffs from moving around in the box. They...