or Connect

Posts by huskyzealot

Quote: Originally Posted by KBW V V is pretty low quality throughout most of their line. They are geared 100% towards college/hs students. I wore vineyard vines while in college a few years ago. Hardly wear it now, maybe a pair of shorts or a hat or something during the summer. Their stuff is not great quality for the price, Polo/Brooks Brothers is much better. Have you ever taken a look at the vineyard vines blazer....a complete joke.
Quote: Originally Posted by 69clyde I have a pair that I use as beater shoes; quick run to the store or a very casual outfit and I am very happy. They take a good shine and as stated, very durable. I don't dress them up, because I don't believe they can be. Mine are made in El Salvador. What color did you pick up?
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelain monkey I doubt they are made in the US, but I don't know. I have been looking for decent loafers that are "just like Bass Weejuns" for a while now. If Bass has a better Weejun, I want to try it. Per endless they are made in Brazil. I would be interested in finding out what people think of these. I too have wanted to give Bass Weejuns a try but have been scared away by peoples claims of lousy quality. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 1cm is very little. You can ask your alteration tailor to simply cut a new hole on the inside portion of the French cuff 1cm closer to the wrist. It is very cheap and will solve your problem. You don't need a good tailor for this - I'd think a basic dry cleaner/alteration guy would work fine. I thought about this, but the current cuff folds up right to the edge. On another note, I never understood why...
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover It would be possiable but why runin a perfectly good french cuff shirt? because it doesn't fit
Quote: Originally Posted by trex I have done it. It might looks slightly weird, but with two well positioned buttons in there you can totally pull it off. If you are willing to share, I am curious as to how much this cost?
I have acquired a pair of the black lug sole version. Still looking for the leather sole version in black or brown, and/or the brown sole version with the lug sole.
unfortunately i have had them for a long time, i think they arrived in oct/nov 08. so yeah, its my fault for not getting in touch with them earlier. i will however say that for the 3 or 4 shirts i have gotten from them with regular cuffs they have been the correct length.
I had 3 Jantzen shirts made awhile back, and unfortunately the french cuffs are about 1-1.5cm too short. Anyways, I was wondering if it is possible to add a cm to the sleeve length by unfolding the french cuffs then having them cut and shortened, making it essentially a longer sleeve barrel cuff shirt. Is this even possible? Any idea on how much it would cost? I am not interested in spending too much money on these since they are not very expensive shirts to begin...
Hi there. I am trying to pick up some classic gucci horsebit loafers. Size 9.5D I would be interested in both brown or black, and both the leather sole or lug sole styles, but do not want anything in suede. I am open to new, like-new, or used condition shoes...as long as the price is fair. That being said, I am not looking for vintage-style shoes, and would prefer shoes that are identical, or resemble the style sold by gucci today. In case there is any confusion,...