or Connect

Posts by huskyzealot

I tried the raw denim thing...thought it was stupid. I went back to regular designer jeans, my go-to's are Joe's Jeans because their classic cut fits me perfectly.
At retail prices, no, you will not find shoes better than Allen Edmonds at a cheaper price.
Not sure if the OP is wearing a suit to work everyday, but if he is not..... I have worked at two investment banks and at a large consulting firm....you will stick out if you wear black cap-toes everyday (like some here have suggested)....virtually all analysts and associates in NYC and Greenwich wear loafers, mostly black, sometimes brown; bit loafers are common also. I am not saying I agree with this, but it is what you will experience. I actually had an MD tell me to...
Looking to purchase some brown dress shoes. I am a 10.5 D in Allen Edmonds and most other makes. Would consider both oxfords or loafers, all I ask is for them to be decent quality, fairly priced, and conservative looking.
I lived in Boston briefly Cant help with the tailor, but for a cobbler Waban Shoe Repair is your best bet; the next best is the guy in harvard square...forgot his name, but it cant be hard to find
Quote: Originally Posted by Working Stiff I would also be very interested in hearing more about cheap loafer options. I've been wearing these: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...or=British-tan and they've been just fine for me, but the soles are worn out. (I suspect that mine are corrected grain, but I don't know whether they have the "new, shiny finish" advertised for the current model. They're not beautiful, but the leather isn't too bad looking,...
are these the parklands?
I have both the evanston and melrose. Go with the melrose, much more versatile, comfortable, and I have gotten a decent amount of complements on them. I actually have rubber sole protectors on mine, adding even a little more versatility when it is a little wet outside. As an added note, I have a bit loafer from AE, not the Burbank, but the Verona....I like it alot, might be another option to consider. Those are the most comfortable of any AE shoe I have ever owned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Style Guy 21 Being a younger guy myself I think I can speak for my group by saying that pleats not even an option. If you are reasonably skinny I think there is no reason to wear pleats. I wouldn't even consider buying a pair. I don't think it is just a trend either. It'll be here to stay. I am 23, and I pretty much only wear dress pants with pleats. My chinos/khaki pants are flat front though.
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek Doesn't Amazon almost always have lower proces for the same stock? Might want to check there. Yes, but no free overnight shipping.