or Connect

Posts by huskyzealot

I rarely see anyone under 50 wearing these shirts at my bank. I think most people thing they are a little ridiculous.
Can someone fill me in on the best way to condition the chromexcel leather? I am not looking to get shine or anything, but I'd like to cover up some of the scuffs and keep them from drying up. I was thinking of using either Saphir Renovateur or Venitian Shoe Creme. I know Quoddy sells a wax, but it seems as though that is more for waterproofing than conditioning...maybe I use that after one of the above? Thanks
PM sent on #5
I think there are actually two Orvis stores in the Seattle area, but I haven't lived there in awhile so I might be wrong. The Bellevue store has been around for a long time. I have a number of Barbour coats and find my Beauforts to be the most "classic" and versatile. As some other have mentioned, they are also long enough to go over a sport coat. I would suggest staying away from the silkoil coats though they don't develop the nice patina that the others do. The...
Do you have to get one of the three shoes posted? There are WAY better options out there.
Is this a joke?
I have a medium duffel in tan. I am pretty sure the "raw" color from Jcrew is the same as tan, but not positive. Also not sure why anyone would buy filson at jcrew, but whatever. The medium is technically a little larger than what most airlines allow for carry-on, but I have never had a problem taking on a plane. Granted, I never really pack the thing to the brim. As for what color is most modern, I would actually vote for the tan. I have filson items in all of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelain monkey Is there a product (made by Filson or anyone else) that will darken the bridle leather straps on my bag? I don't necessarily mind the destressing - the bag is 15 years old and has been through a lot of daily wear - but am wondering if it can be freshened up. How about shoe polish? Any chance you'd be willing to share additional pics of your bag? It seems to have aged really nicely over...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackShoes Nick has made himself look like an immature teenager in this thread. Should I ever be in need of a cobbler in NYC, I will certainly know where to avoid. We still don't know what the fuck happened to the wife's shoes, all we know is, Nick refused to fix them. Or had an explanation from Nick about how the nail could have come to poke from the upper. OP, thank you for posting this and not bowing to pressure from...
I have read every post in this thread and believe that the OP has handled the situation fine. I have no issue with him posting what he did and no issue with him referring the B. Nelson by name -- and, for the record, I am a repeat B Nelson customer. The OP is basing his posts on facts and actual events, he did take his shoes to B Nelson, he did have a nail/hole in his shoe when he got them back...I see no problem with him stating this on this forum. He really hasn't...