or Connect

Posts by AndrewDoesHair

Wow! Thank you.
Sorry, I posted this while half asleep after a very long day, I feel like I'm wasting anyone's time to read it. I feel like I suck at styleforum because I have very little experience exploring my own style expectations, perhaps something I should really reflect on before bothering you guys. I grew up with a thrift store approach then went through a diesel phase in my early 20's before learning that I gravitate toward more traditional things last longer and age more...
If I walked up to a spring wedding on the beach wearing a black suit with a black tie some people might think I was an idiot, but if I walk into a hairdressing seminar or a trade show wearing a grey suit with tan shoes showing some bare ankle then people might think I'm lost at the wrong convention. It's just a stupid 50 year old rule that if you're a hairdresser, you wear black. I know one answer is to be confident and break some rules, wear a pink shirt to the big hair...
Have RELLY thick hair and wash it twice a year. Really, though, blow dry it straight out then use Redken Powder grip on the roots and Redken Rough Paste worked through the rest, then blast it with half a can of hairspray.
You would look adorable with this hair, although, you wouldn't have to cut yours much to do this. Hers is held in place with some bobby pins in the back, and  it looks matte and piecey because is it's been very heavily processed! Her hair is damaged, the surface of each strand is rough from repeated coloring. HOWEVER, you can get that feel without damaging your hair by using a mattifying powder (like Redken Powder Grip or Osis Dust It). Find a good stylist in your area who...
Dood! Your hair is amazing! hair like your can do anything! Go find a good stylist and bring your question to them, let them know what you do for a living and how much time you can take to style your hair. There is no wrong answer with hair like yours-- anything that you see, you can do. Brad Pitt, David Beckham, Ryan Gosling, your hair will do that. It may take some styling (a hairdryer can straighten or curl hair like your in seconds if you know how to do it- ask your...
Using products will high hold to force your hair to lay back will ALWAYS make it look glued back, because that's what you're doing. Blow dry it back to get it to want to lay back, and don't stop right when it's dry, keep going for a minute and focus the heat at the root while you pull it back with a brush (go buy a Denman 9 row brush, they're $15, made in England, and have been a standard in every hairdresser's kit since the 1960's), and keep pulling it back as it cools...
Get the sideburns and nape (mullet zone) trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks and as the rest of your hair gets longer it'll lay back more easily. The longer it is, the more it bends. Use a hairdryer and a brush to pull it back in small sections as you dry it and you can get a plethora of looks from it as it grows. Glue it back with product and it looks like it was glued back, but change what it wants to do by using a hairdryer, making it lay back before you apply product, and you...
Here's my 1973 Triumph T140... My wife's car has been in the shop for a little over a week, so she's been in my car and I've been 100% motorbike man. I thought it was going to be a pain in the butt, but I am bonding with this thing more now than ever. I was typically a weekend rider, just for fun, casual, but all week long, if I want to do something or go get something, I'm on the bike. I posted about this bike a few months ago, but was posting from phone and couldn't...
Mr. BOOTH, regarding the practicality of the methods I suggest, if you watch the video, I clearly state that this process is more for going out, I call it "Friday night hair" and I state and demonstrate that there are faster and easier ways to style your hair for Wednesday morning. Also, this is a fashion forum, much of fashion is impractical! As I stated above, heat CAN damage hair, and over doing it WILL damage your hair. I have over 400 regular clients and maybe 2 of...