or Connect

Posts by AndrewDoesHair

Here's my 1973 Triumph T140... My wife's car has been in the shop for a little over a week, so she's been in my car and I've been 100% motorbike man. I thought it was going to be a pain in the butt, but I am bonding with this thing more now than ever. I was typically a weekend rider, just for fun, casual, but all week long, if I want to do something or go get something, I'm on the bike. I posted about this bike a few months ago, but was posting from phone and couldn't...
Mr. BOOTH, regarding the practicality of the methods I suggest, if you watch the video, I clearly state that this process is more for going out, I call it "Friday night hair" and I state and demonstrate that there are faster and easier ways to style your hair for Wednesday morning. Also, this is a fashion forum, much of fashion is impractical! As I stated above, heat CAN damage hair, and over doing it WILL damage your hair. I have over 400 regular clients and maybe 2 of...
Posting from phone, the only other pic I have on here is of a client riding it around the parking lot after a hair appointment...
This is my 1973 Triumph T140. I built it from the ground up last year, no two bolts were together when I started. Everything inside the engine, pistons, valves, etc, were brand new and shiny. Everything else was the cheapest old and original parts I could find, which means there is a lot of chipped and mis matched paint, rust, caked up grime, and dents. But I don't care how it looks, so much, I care how it rides (okay, and how it sounds). I have a friend who has been...
Hirsh, you've redeemed my faith in human kind. I may pick up something about style after all! I was worried I didn't have thick enough skin to learn.
Mine (weird guy, black selvedge) stretched to the point that I don't feel comfortable in them anymore. I want to wash them to see if they'll shrink enough for me to love them again, but I don't like the look or feel of washed denim... They've been demoted to yard work jeans, but at least this way I may be able to beat them up enough in the privacy of my own yard to consider giving them a wash.
I get it. Thank you. Sorry if I came off as rude at all. I was legitimately frustrated at my limited understanding- I consider myself by no means "fashionable" (the reason I'm trying to read up around here) but in recent years have been enthraled by leather jackets for reasons outside of the discussion in this forum (like the idea that a piece was hand made in the USA 60 years ago, and probably has some cool back story). I hope to recalibrate my discernment and gain the...
Is there an official definition for "best" regarding the title of this thread? I know I look like an idiot, to have posted a $100 jacket next to your $3,000 jackets, I don't know what I was thinking in that moment... In any case, I don't know why I'm even trying to understand any of you guys, but (from my perspective) I feel like every time I check this thread there is a very narrow interpretation of the term "best" regarding leather jackets, veiled in an elitist mentality...
Very very minimalist. I own enough clothes to comfortably fill this closet and a dresser (when I say comfortably, I mean that they don't jam up or bunch to fit). If I buy a new piece, I get rid of an old piece, every time. There is always that one shirt that I'll only wear on laundry day, when there is nothing else left to wear- that shirt gets replaced the second I find a new shirt that I love.   My wife is sort of the opposite, I can't even look in her side of the...
Started revamping another closet. The TV is mounted on the wall just to the left of this closet, so I ran the wires through the wall and put the blu-ray player on the back wall of the closet. This way I just open the closet door to decide that there is nothing good on Netflix... The old shelves were melamine with printed wood grain on them. They were cut crooked and jammed into the spaces, marring up the door frame and parts of the wall. The new shelves are sanded birch...