or Connect

Posts by misterswag

I've heard of A.G Cook briefly, but I haven't delved into whatever "PC" music is. I am a big fan of grime and eski beats though so i'll check it out.  It doesn't seem all that different from Chuck Person/OPN and James Ferrraro and the vaporwave movement of appropriating late 80's/90's business infomercial/commercial sound pallets to create this vague capitalist critique as well as aural commentary on memory/nostalgia. Sounds pretentious, but any musical movement that...
  You brought it up in response to LA GUY's comment about business/marketing being an influential part of our culture saying this offered "another take on it". I see Beyonce and Beck as fairly comparable for the purposes of a mainstream award and I feel the only real separation is genre preference. I don't really care that some view Beck as an "auteur" and view Beyonce as "less true" for not writing the songs herself. Beck's music isn't inherently better for being more of...
It's mostly about separating categories for these two groups of musicians which I just see as pointless. They're both pop albums. The Grammys are already a joke and the last thing we need is further nichedom/categorization of music when the awards are clearly intended to represent mostly the "best" of mainstream tastes of America in 2014-2015, or whatever year it takes place I'm not a fan really but beyonces album is way better than that writer's really basic indie...
The article makes it out to sound like Beck is the "little guy", when he represents corporate rock these days just as much as any visible indie music figure. Beck has a ton of musicians and composers involved in any album production. Beyoncé may indeed have more producers working on her albums, but this has been standard for many rap/r&b/trap album in the last decade, more even for a great deal of solo rap artists. Many rap producers (timbaland, lex luger, etc) are...
I haven't read a great deal of his material either but I didn't find his analysis in a perverts guide to ideology to be all that insightful or amusing past the first 15 minutes or so. Mainly because I've seen most of the movies he goes through and have read far more detailed analysis of each. It's philosophy as entertainment and idk, sometimes seems like a satire of the application of philosophy to certain aspects of our lives. Not sure of intentionally or not Fuuma - so...
Fair enough. I haven't really kept up with the spreadsheet but I was under the assumption someone was ticking off orders. Last I had looked at it (this was over a two months ago) people were noting what was received and what had not been. Yeah, the data is likely faulty though if drew really said there's some 200 odd orders left to fill, the spreadsheet probably did at some point represent a fair amount of the outstanding orders. As it was customer entered data, it's easy...
It was said with a fair bit of hyperbole. I'm referring to the moment that my complaining led to Charly and LA GUY tag teaming against me and another poster, with suggestions that our products be "lost" intentionally. This goes back to my original assertion that it's absurd I have to go thru Charly - who has generally not been very helpful mostly because he's not getting paid and has no control over the situation. That's nothing against Charly personally, I understand his...
I'm pretty sure no one is getting refunds. I saw a few very small or troublesome orders get refunds earlier on around October November but that got stamped down quick. Not sure what's going on really, but I think it's safe to assume he doesn't have the money readily available to give back. I'm now under the impression jackets will be made, though time tables are iffy. Either way doesn't look like he has the money to give back This thread is so annoying and I have to say...
Actually, yeah, unless Drew was biased against orders being made for SF, you should be able to extrapolate the rate of orders using the spreadsheet. Our orders should represent a reasonable percentage of the jacket "population".
The sleekness of the Porsche would only help to magnify your Chubby IT bro face. Better to just resign yourself to an upgraded Honda Civic