or Connect

Posts by PMaximus

Classy & attractive Brooks Brothers in size 11.  Great condition- solid.  Slight scratch at toe- easily corrected by cobbler.  Measured outsole at 12 3/8" x 4 1/4".  Fits TTS. Goodyear welt.  Strong but supple leather.  Shipping included. 
Brand new Ralph Lauren Sanderson shoes in size 9D burnished brown.  Store price $525.  No box.  $190 shipped.  
This is a question that has befuddled me as well.  It is without doubt that at most if not all department stores, there is a surplus of L, XL and XXL and fewer M sizes (or 38-42 jacket size vs. 44-50).  This is typical at any time during the year but especially after the holidays (clearance, etc).  Shopping at L&T, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Macys, BB, and TJ Maxx as well, this is almost always the case.  This is also the case when it comes to consignment shops-- always...
What's a trunk show?
Saw both films.  I normally find UK films and UK-genre films far more enjoyable than American ones.  And I am a Michael Caine fan (in Sleuth, etc), as well as Jude Law (especially in Talented Ripley).  But I strongly prefer the Jude Law Aflie (conversely, I greatly prefer the Caine Sleuth over the Jude Sleuth remake).  And I looked at some reviews on IMBd and found the review "A better Aflie version..." to for the most part exemplify my own sentiments, almost to a...
Hi- I have no idea.  All I can do is compare them to the AE shoes I own/wear.  I wear an 11D in Park Avenue and the RL Marlow fits 1/4-1/2 size bigger in the same size.
That's not what I read on this forum, and from personal experience.  But one can never be sure I suppose.    http://www.styleforum.net/t/11607/us-vs-uk-shoe-widths
These say 10.5 F which I believe means a WIDE in UK size.  (from what I've read, E in uk means a D in usa, and an F in uk means an E in us).  They also look a bit wide from the overhead shot.  I'm interested in them, but probably only if they are a standard width.
Stunning RL black shoes.  Fits slightly bigger than the similar style 11D RL Sanderson and Slaton models made by AE.  So compared to them, these fit about 1/4 - 1/2 size bigger.  Outside measurements 12.75" x 4.5".  Beautiful brogue stitching and high attention to detail.  Hand Grade construction.  Comes with generic RL box.  $800 store price.  Superb shoes.
Hard to find Riskor model for Bruno Magli.  This model is from a line about  8-10 years ago- quality better than today's BM shoes.  Very nice leather and stitching.  Nice construction.  Amazing, low-profile, sleek looking shoe with dress pants or a suit.  Excellent condition, worn about 5 times.  Shoes states 10.5M but it fits a perfect 11.5M.  Bottoms 12.75" long and 4 3/8" widest.  Price is firm.  Original price from 8 years ago was $450.