or Connect

Posts by Mr Knightley

For me the Casual look was part of that 'unbroken circle' I mentioned at the start of the thread. Yes, it does fit although, as has been said, some of the more extreme pieces wouldn't work well today.Farah trousers - I had a black pair and always thought they were one of the best fitting and feeling pairs of trou I have had - despite or perhaps because of the man-made fibre!Pringle sometimes pops up at TK Maxx - I have a pale lemon merino wool sleeveless jumper which I...
 Just the way to sport a longwing!
 Yesterday, most of the population of the country was stuck on the M25, including me!
 Most of the country, including my own county of Essex is indeed north of Potters Bar!I didn't really comment on the music played at the Ad-Lib club, but much of it (not browniecj's) fell into your last two categories. Some of it was very obscure (to me) but it didn't really spoil my enjoyment - although Mrs Knightley took brownie to task for not playing / getting the other DJs to play some more familiar sounds. I suppose I was expecting some from Randy Cozens mod 100...
Fantastic. That period was the first time I came alive again after the dead years of the mid to late 70s. Sade sums up that era. She grew up in the 'cultural desert' of Clacton but the girl did well.The stealth skinhead look pops up in the 80s quite a bit - even Mr Armani employed a number of cues including loafers, BDs and his muted palette .
 Interesting stuff. I may be wrong but wonder if these dos are more prevalent north of Potters Bar? I'm sure browniecj will correct me if I am wrong.One thing that struck me was just how relaxed it all was at Lincoln. There was never a hint of aggro and in some ways it reminded me of the late 60s at the North Bank, Highbury where skinheads came to pose and check out the latest gear, often standing with their backs to the action on the pitch! And why not?Like you, I...
I remember one Bank Holiday Monday at Southend when we had moved on to Royals - except one die-hard who still sported DMs.  The cops ignored the Royals but made my mate remove his laces from the DMs.  We went straight to Woolworths and bought a new pair of laces that seemed to do the job.  On another occasion we alighted at Prittlewell (one stop early) and got a bus to the seafront!  We fought the law and the law.....
Yes, really enjoyed everything about it and a visit to the cathedral on Palm Sunday felt quite special. Returning to Mod to Suedehead, I was very interested to see the many different interpretations of 1960s style on display at the Ad-Lib Club.  Some had clearly decided to recapture the early 60s and others were making a pretty good stab at capturing the skinhead style.  I guess it differed from a night out in 1969 because of that, and in that some people wore quite casual...
Still here in Lincoln - just having a nightcap!Home tomorrow.
Our own browniecj did his stuff last night at the Ad-Lib club. Well done mate!