or Connect

Posts by Mr Knightley

Welcome AYP! I agree entirely about the sack jackets.  They were one (short-lived) skinhead item I could not really embrace.  They made something of a comeback here in the 80s when there was a return, in London at least, to something approximating the look I was favouring around the summer of 1970 - Bleeding Madras sack jacket, BD, chinos/Sta Prest and penny loafers.  Again it did not hang around long here although John Simons of course continue to promote that...
 Interesting, covHow do you wear a double cuff as a barrel?
Pantherella cotton rib OTC
I've not been able to post properly lately but @LA Guy has helped me (and @Cleav) and I can now get on again. My newly refurbished Church's and new Bresciani:
  Ha ha!
I love the mac, Botolph and, despite some criticism here on SF from a few posters I cannot fault Mr Porter either. Great service, the products rarely disappoint and the packaging is a thing of beauty in itself! I agree about Ben Sherman. I have just retired a Ben Sherman suit after 10 years of fantastic service. The black material had an interesting herringbone weave; the lining was of a high quality as was the overall make and finish. In the end it started to 'show...
I agree (about on line purchasing) so tend only to buy very 'safe' things on line like certain accessories where there should not be a fit problem but even so there can be disappointments in quality and shade,  as you say.   I just took a delivery from Mr Porter, which did not disappoint.  Turned up on the nominated day around 1100, was beautifully presented and the contents are exquisite - two pairs of Bresciani knee-length cotton sox and some Paul Smith 'robot'...
 Here in the office I can still log in to SF. On my iPhone it is OK too, but my laptop which is my main device for accessing SF has lost the connection somehow and I cannot get an email from SF to help me re-set my password. Cleav is aware of the issue and has been advising me. I am sure it can be resolved.Sometimes the online thing works the other way. A couple of years ago I bought a Jasper Conran suit from Debenhams and deciding I quite liked it, I tried to get a...
Sorry I haven't posted much of late but I'm having problems again getting on to SF. Any pictures of the new Loakes? I must check out one of the larger M&S stores again as the ones round my way are very disappointing this season.