or Connect

Posts by TH3515

^ thank you for the pics, that's very helpful!
The oxfords are really nice, sumo. Could you do a few more pics – possibly including a top-down view? I'm really curious about how the swing last looks from various perspectives. Also, what size are they?  Thanks in advance.
 Brown (or black) Chromexcel should give you that look. From what I saw on Bakers website, the Nomad Engineers are also available in Chromexcel, which is anilin dyed on the surface so the leather edges and points of wear will appear in a light, natural colour. Additionally, CXL will show "pull up" (a fully reversible lightening of the surface colour in areas where the leather is stretched or creased) so it will have a beautiful depth and liveliness from day one, even...
If you want something dark with reddish hues and the ability to tale a good shine then you could also consider Black Cherry Water Buffalo:
This thread needs some pics. For lack of any new boots (looking for a job so don't want to spend too much on boots right now), here's my good old Farmer-Ranchers. The militant look is not how I typically wear them;-) But I had to mow my lawn and walk a lot through knee-high grass, where there's a lot of ticks this year. Farmer Rancher in brown oil tan aka brown smooth, Vibram 700, 8" height, standard heel, soft toe, size 12.5D
Not an E width myself, but I found that Rancourt's Acadia last runs very, very wide. Rancourts typically fit me very well in a D width, but with that last I was completely lost in my usual 13D. I ended up with a 12D and still have plenty of width (but sadly not enough length...). Even though labeled D, this feels much more like an E width from my perspective. This is also consistent with Rancourt's description of the Acadia last as "a fuller fit and larger toe perfect for...
Very cool boot - kick zombies in style! From the first picture you posted above (the frontal view) the toe box almost looked like a swing last to me – in a good way. I guess that the many layers of material around the toe (2x celastic, bullhide cap, lining + the CXL vamp) add up to give the front of the boot more perceived volume. 
More like the thickest. Black Rough-Out is the same as black oil tan aka "black smooth", but used the other way around (with the rough flesh side facing outwards). It's among the thickest, strongest leathers White's is offering, and the default leather for all their "real" workboots.I think Break-in depends not so much on the leather type as ist depends on correct fit and sizing. If your new boots fit well, there will be almost no break-in discomfort. If something's not...
^ Nice find. BTW All boots are described by the seller as having "very little wear", which is a bit optimistic on most pairs but especially for the Farmer-Ranchers - those look pretty much f#*•~d 😊 The hikers are interesting - they are either very old or heavily customised (or both). The Centennial Hiker boots usually have a one-piece Vibram lug sole, whereas the boots in the listings have a stacked heel / half sole combo like a semi-dress (sharp looking but not ideal for...
 Beautiful boots! The BT has a wonderful, silky shimmer and the double midsole looks hot. How does it feel walking on it? Is it more uncomfortable than a single midsole? Interestingly, the British Tan on your pair looks darker and more reddish than my BT Semi Dress, and that difference seems greater than what could be attributed to lighting, white balance etc. I added a pic of my BT Semi Dress, it's the captoe boot on the right (the other one is a brown oil tan SJ):  It...