or Connect

Posts by TH3515

Very nice colour, great shine & depth. Light brown water buffalo possibly?
^^ I wondered about the "dry tan" as well - good to see that pair reappear in this forum. The leather looks fantastic. Can you tell if (and how) it's different from the black dress leather?
Thanks! I also would recommend to avoid all 13B/C Semi-Dress and 13C/D Smokejumpers for obvious reasons
So how much was the shipping (to a US address, I suppose) - would be nice to know as I always see the super expensive shipping to DE based on my IP.
Had my finger on the trigger for a nice pair from whitesriver (White's ebay outlet) until I saw that shipping to Germany is now over 100$. This is becoming ridiculous. I have bought around a dozen pairs of boots in the USA (Rancourt, Thorogood and White's) and paid anything between 9$ (Amazon, of course) and 80$ (whitesriver, about a year ago) but 100$ ... come on!   To make things worse, shipping is not the only additional cost: For a 300$ pair of boots, I would...
^From what I've seen, there's not much difference between the two in that respect. But the higher, more bulbuous toe on the SJ last will add some additional "kick" after some wear. I took a side view of my SJ last Farmer-Rancher to illustrate this:    You can see that the leather has adapted to my foot in the area where most of the flexing takes place but leaves a pronounced bump at the very end of the toe box. This is a soft toe boot, so that bump is not shaped by any...
I don't mind the 2-tone maximum as most multi-tone boots I saw didn't look good anyway.   What I don't understand though is why Bakers are categorically ruling out two-tone builds with exotics. This is strange, as I've seen so many pictures of really beautiful examples such as caiman/dress, caiman/cxl, shark/dress etc., usually contrasting the highly structured exotic leather on the vamp with a smooth upper in similar colour. Even White's own ebay outlet "whitesriver" is...
If you choose "no" for the "Celastic toe" option, what results is an unstructured or soft toe. So the toe box only consists of leather and will gradually deform or “collapse“ with wear. I's the default toe construction for the Smokejumper, and is part of the typical Smokejumper look.   With a single (or double) Celastic toe, the toe box contains one (or two) layer(s) of plastic in addition to the leather layers. So the toe shape is much more defined, and will not (i.e....
^Thanks for the picture. What width are those? They look pretty cool! Unstructured toe, I suppose?
Japanese dealer Empty Garage has some blog posts on #38, #55, 461 and Semi-Dress last. You can find them by googling "empty garage blog #38 last“, for example. They're in Japanese, but Google-translating the posts and applying some creative imagination makes them somewhat understandable;-)   As a bonus, you'll find all the words that have a phonetic transcription instead of a proper translation – this often happens with names, leather types etc. I love those words after...