or Connect

Posts by TH3515

Congrats – those are beautiful! Block heel and close trim are working really well on this pair. Makes me want to copy your build immediately;-)
It may or may not work. They have a very well trained eye and lots of experience, and exotic leathers are not exactly inconspicuous; EDIT I may have misinterpreted your question. No idea TBH.
^^^ Congrats on the caiman packers! I saw them on ebay and wondered if the lucky guy getting them would show up here and post some pics. They're beautiful – wear them in good health! I am checking whitesriver regularly but rarely find something interesting in my size. Caiman – as much as I like the looks – would be out of the question anyway as it would probably get seized by German customs authorities. It can only be imported with mountains of paperwork which I'm not sure...
 I wondered about that too. Almost all the builds you see on the Asian sites can be made-to-order. Sometimes there are leathers that only seem to appear in Asia – so there may be (this is purely speculation!) some exceptions or exclusives to specific dealers. But then I guess there are always some leathers that aren't officially listed – and also leathers that are listed but currently not available. But basically most anything can be done.  White's US website looks like it...
 Did you also look at the Japanese pricing? Including tax, these are around 940$ in JP . Makes ordering from Germany look almost cheap...
An unlined Smokejumper in one of the standard oil-tan leathers will be around 430$. Add around 30$ for Chromexcel leather, 60$ for French Calf, several hundred $ for one of the exotics, and so on and so forth. But it starts around 430$.   8 inch is one of the standard heights, so on all models where it is available (almost all models except the Semi-Dress and obviously the Oxford) it will be the same price as, say, a six or ten inch boot. Price depends on model, build...
^ thank you for the pics, that's very helpful!
The oxfords are really nice, sumo. Could you do a few more pics – possibly including a top-down view? I'm really curious about how the swing last looks from various perspectives. Also, what size are they?  Thanks in advance.
 Brown (or black) Chromexcel should give you that look. From what I saw on Bakers website, the Nomad Engineers are also available in Chromexcel, which is anilin dyed on the surface so the leather edges and points of wear will appear in a light, natural colour. Additionally, CXL will show "pull up" (a fully reversible lightening of the surface colour in areas where the leather is stretched or creased) so it will have a beautiful depth and liveliness from day one, even...