or Connect

Posts by TH3515

Here's a slightly less off-topic pic to make up for the completely off-topic one above: I've grown so fond of my Farmer-Ranchers that I decided to get a pair of cheap Hathorn SJs from Whitesriver for those really muddy autumn and winter days, saving my FRs for nicer times. Just in case anyone was planning something similar and wondering if the fit and sizing was identical to White's (because after all, they're made in the same factory...) -- it isn't. The Hathorns do...
Though Fugazi almost invariably wore Chucks. Would have loved to see Ian McKaye airborne in a pair of smokejumpers;-)
^^ That's a beauty! The leather sole makes it really elegant. Was this made on an SJ last (aka Farmer/Rancher) or is it an 8'' Bounty Hunter (SD last)? Did you specify the non-standard eyelet/hook config or did it just come out this way? Looking forward to fit pictures...
Here's a pair with some wear: Rancourt for BB navy CXL - their 2nd summer. Been wearing these a lot lately.
So this is the "Retro Oxford by White's Boots" on Baker's website? I always wondered why they're so expensive - roughly 150$ more than a Semi Dress, right?How's the fit and sizing? Like an SD, just lower?
Those Oxfords are fantastic. Makes me want to order a pair immediately. Sadly, that money will have to go in my car first (which is made in Italy and has an unquenchable thirst for repairs;-) Congratulations on your build. As others have written above, it's made me consider oxfords for the first time.
Yeah, looks like Bison / brown rough out. I think it's a great combination and it will look even better once the brown rough out gains some character. I wonder about the height - is that 7" or 8"?
^The cordovan SDs were available through Baker's at approx. 1000$. They stopped making them due to difficulties during the lasting process - apparently they had lots of cordovan pieces break at that point
After visiting the Ultrasound website I can't stop thinking of them. Just in case you haven't seen it: http://ultrasoundboots.com/productPage.php?lang=EN&brand=3&cate=17&line=5&page=1pages and pages of two tone SJ pr0n...some very nice ideas there.
Speaking of leathers: Does anybody know the difference between the "oil" and non-oil varieties of bullhide? There's lots of examples for both in the leather samples page linked above. I like the look of the bullhide grain but have read that it is a relatively soft leather – which I wouldn't want in a boot. OTOH, there's some SJ owners that described their BH as being almost brutally tough – which I would definitely prefer;-) Could it be that the difference is due to there...