or Connect

Posts by TH3515

^^ That's a fantastic build, I can't stop looking at the pics...😀 The rough-out looks so stunning I want to order a pair immediately. Maybe on the SJ last, and a bit higher (8 or 10") as my boots will also be longer (size 13)... Too bad I'm not in the position to spend another 500$ (or more like 700 after shipping and import duties) right now. Also, the block heel looks great on these. Did Bakers do some fine tuning on them or did they come from the factory that way?
How do you keep the inserts from sliding forward? I tried a lot of inserts/insoles on a pair of boots that were too wide (not White's) and most of them kept sliding around in the boots. I tried double-sided adhesive tape but it didn't keep the inserts from moving and left a sticky residue in the boots...
Looks like regular heel, standard trim, standard SJ last. Single midsole, Vibram 700 sole, Lace-to-toe (LTT) smokejumper. Beautiful!You'd have to decide if you want it lined or not. It's recommended for CXL leather but not required as on the water buffalo or exotic leathers. Lining will make the boots a little bit warmer but also more stable.I don't see a reason why Bakers wouldn't sell to Brazil. They have customers from all over the world. And even if this were the case...
There are some excellent companies that still hand build their boots in Germany – Meindl and Hanwag for example make great mountaineering boots, Trabert makes beautiful hunting boots, and there's a lot of smaller brands mostly for formal/dress footwear. 
By the way... What I wrote applies to the Hathorn boots, not the Hathorn Explorer, which are the cheapest range of boots. The Explorer models are made with imported uppers - I think they are still lasted in Spokane but the quality of the leather is not comparable with the other ranges, which are entirely built from scratch with US sourced materials. I bought my black Hathorn SJs from White's ebay shop Whitesriver at a similar price to the one you quoted. At that price the...
 That is incorrect. I have a pair of Hathorn Smoke Jumpers (10''. black smooth leather just like the ones pictured) and the arch support is the same as with my White's Farmer/Ranchers (which are Smokejumpers but with a 700 sole instead of the lug sole). I don't feel a difference with regard to arch support.  The black smooth leather on my Hathorns is at least the same thickness as the brown smooth on my White's. I don't have a White's in black smooth for a direct...
whitesriver used the same wording in the listing of my BT pair. British Tan Chromexcel.I have to say there are a lot of similarities, like the soft, silky hand and the colour depth. But a lot less waxy and no pull-up. It could be from the CXL family but with a lower wax content / different finish.
 @dxn2 Which width did you get? I ask because what you are describing (heel slip, should be a little more snug) sounds like you may have narrow feet and could wear a narrower width (e.g. a C or B instead of a D).The actual size of your boots (probably a 10.5 if the internal measurement is 11") is definitely not too big and maybe even a bit short. I have a similar situation: My feet are 12 Inches long and I have a pair of 12.5D (internal length 12") Farmer-Ranchers which I...
My British Tan SDs are brand new, so I'll also have to wait a few years to find out. But I don't think this is a particularly tough and hard wearing leather. It looks and feels more like CXL, not like the heavy duty oiltan leathers. It has the same softness and smoothness but on the other hand doesn't feel waxy / oily the way CXL does.Being a pretty light colour, it is of course more susceptive to stains than darker leathers. Also, it is not really water repellent, so...
   Farmer-Rancher in brown smooth, cap toe Semi-Dress in British Tan aka Classic Brown. The difference is much larger in real life than on the pictures. The British Tan has a beautiful, silky shimmer and feels soft, smooth and luxurious. The brown oil-tan is thicker, tougher and rougher. The colour is not your typical brown, there's a distinct reddish or almost purple shade to it.