or Connect

Posts by princealbert

I'm totally with you regarding the 2298 last much prefer it to the 4497. Unfortunately none of the boots I own are on that last........
I agree the 2298 and 81 fit pretty much the same - both true to (UK) size.   See below for a comparison - the Robert shoe on the right is on the 2298. The boot on the 81 last has a slightly more pointy toe. Hope this helps.  
New Tricker's Hoylake in 1001 burnished calf from Pediwear. Basically a 9 eyelet boot on the 81 last.   I've been itching to get a pair of these after Zippy posted some pictures of similar pair that he owns on the 81 last. I was particularly wanted to find something with blind eyelets. These have a mix of eyelets and speedhooks similar to the C&J Coniston.     A more pointed toe but still plenty of room in the toe box.     I'm seriously pleased with these.
They are not an individual MTO, but an MTO that Pediwear have had made up which they call Hoylake on the 81 last. I see from the most recent Shoehealer newsletter that Richard is doing a similar bulk MTO in Cofffee and in 1001 on the 2298 last. By the way Pediwear have a 20% off Black Friday offer that is happening today and which includes Tricker's - definitely worth taking a look.
Wow MM! Looking good, looking very good.   Will try and post some pics of my 9 eyelet boots in 1001 when they arrive.
MM I'm interested to hear that you are a big fan of 1001. I have just ordered a pair of boots in that colour and was wondering if I had done the right thing - hopefully I will like it as much as you do.
I understand what you mean about 'untreated' leather now - c shade gorse comes in a matt finish. Tough but supple leather. But I think it will not react well to being polished a different colour. Just my opinion but I think you'd be better if getting some stows in Espresso or another dark brown if you don't like c shade.
I have seen a Bourton brogue in Sienna Scotch grain on a Japanese retailers site in the past. Slightly darker than acorn but looked like a great combination
Thanks
Can you tell me the hight and chest size of the person wearing the jacket in the photos? Thanks