or Connect

Posts by david 112358

For the guys in Portland... Do you know if the downtown Nordstrom stocks more sizes than the one at Washington square? That store is close to work, but I'm a 10.5 3e and order a pair and wait a week is just taking too long to get fitted.
I don't know if it's normal, but my 10.5EEE fits similar. The laces on my Clifton's are about a 1/4" apart.If they made an EEEE I'd be buying a half size smaller although I don't know if that would change the lacing.
I bought the same shoe and I'm taking mine back. On my pair, I polished them up to wear to church yesterday and found that the leather has a tear just above the welt on the toe.It isn't something I can see when wearing them and it probably won't ever get worse, but torn leather is just a bit too much.Nordstrom did a big special order on black strands just for the sale, but they are supposed to be firsts, so we should hold them to that quality.
Just around the house for a couple hours.
this was posted just at the right time for me. I just polished up a new pair of shoes last night and found the same problem.I can't see it, so it's not a problem as long as it won't lead to some sort of leather failure.
Without knowing the field and where the op is at, nobody can really give much advice. I've interviewed for a lot of programming jobs over the last dozen years and worn my blazer once. It was usually a khaki colored trouser and blue button down. At my current job, a tie wouldn't have gotten me in the door. Of course this is very cultural. Portland is about the sloppiest place there is.
Perfect. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I'm going to wear them around the house this weekend then drop them off at the shoe guy to put on tap soles.
I have a pair of Aberdeens that I bought to be my "rain" shoe, but those are hardly a dress shoe- more like a short hiking boot.The strand is the first good dress shoe I've bought in a very long time. I just don't want to screw them up at the start.
Got my new black stands in the mail today. Awesome shoes, but very stiff. Is it OK to use the AE conditioner on them while I'm breaking them in?
I've got a pair of black strands coming on Friday, but was thinking about having a tap sole put on since I'm in Oregon and it rains a lot. Can I just have a local guy put the tap sole on, or do I need to send them to AE? About what should I expect to pay to have it done? Will I have any problems with recrafting when the time comes?