or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Thinking about the Dreamcast a lot lately, so I just dug it out of my closet. I got mine chipped, so it can play burned/import/etc games without a boot disk. Started downloading a whole buttload of games. My DC never left the TV, though I don't play it as much now. When I do, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Tennis are my favs. I always liked Chu Chu Rocket, though I never knew why and never...
My father's '75/6 Toyota Corolla mini-wagon. Had 15 years and around 80K miles on it. Ran for another four years and 50K miles or so of hard use, then literally shot one of the spark plugs out of the engine. That 2TC engine was sweet: 70-odd horsepower (IIRC) and purely mechanical. We could do everything we needed to keep it running.
I actually think NBA commentators (particularly former players) would buy into some of these designs, so you might get some trickle-down purchases that way. I wouldn't even consider wearing any of them, and I don't think anyone who works in a professional environment would either, though "Design No. 3," when paired with a tie, looks enough like a traditional tab collar that you might get away with it. Remember, Eric, that dressing "like a penguin," despite your...
Wow, an F-15 Agile Eagle and an F-16XL. Do you happen to have the date of the photo?
UCLA (B.A.) USC/Gould (J.D. '09)
The season is upon us, and I couldn't be happier--going out for it on Friday, in fact. I've never had Yukon River salmon--is it relatively common when in season?
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Make sure the steak is room temperature when it first goes on the grill! J, just in case the stainless grill grate hasn't completely solved the sticking problem, here is another key to prevent sticking. The colder the meat (esp. if straight from cooler or fridge), the higher the likelihood of sticking. Alton is more responsible for my realization of what I've done wrong when I go wrong with food...
Quote: Originally Posted by Augustus Medici Thanks for the info; did you work in the private or public sector? Private firm, but the clients were almost exclusively public sector. By the way, I forgot to mention that the field is very interesting and generally a lot of fun (I always enjoyed my "breaks" from environmental); however, the opportunities to build new communities from scratch are very few and far between, and reside mostly with...
Hi, Augustus: I worked in environmental and urban planning (mostly environmental) for around a decade, and with one of the better-known urban planners in CA for most of that time. The folks we hired came from all over, but USC, UCLA, UNC, Michigan, and UT (Austin) were definitely among the consensus top-tier programs. I don't know anything about Wisconsin, but I'd be surprised if their program was poor. FWIW, US News includes (or used to include) urban planning schools...
With Spring comes finals. Constitutional Law, why must you torment me? With Marbury came judicial review, but see now what it has wrought . . .