or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad I have to say that the media's infatuation with USC is not entirely unwarranted. I've been a California public school kid since age 7. I grew up hating USC and am more or less constitutionally incapable of not rooting against them. That said, I'm very impressed with the strength of the program Carroll has built and think they're easily the best team I've seen play this year. I would have agreed with all...
1. Cripple Fight 2. It's Butters 3. Cartman Gets an Anal Probe ("This is all perfectly normal--cows turns themselves inside out all the time..."--while the cows' eyes get really big) 4. AWESOM-O ("Laaaaame. Uncooooool!)
Quote: Originally Posted by Edward Appleby They are quite delicious, as mix-made brownies go. +1. My wife likes to add a bunch of bittersweet chips to the mix. Mmmmm. . . .
Jasmine tea. But after I'm done studying, maybe an Ardbeg. Also, I second iammatt's Boodles recommendation--nice and floral, perfect for martinis and aviations. I was very disappointed when TJ's stopped carrying it (for $12 a bottle), as it's not as common as their price would suggest.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pink22m Speaking of the 2008 Accord, what is everyone's opinion on it? While I like the front, I am not crazy at all about the back. Its rear design evokes the BMW 5 series styling. When I first saw pictures of it, I thought it was an Acura RL. Doesn't look particularly BMW-ish to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Not really. Why should any subjects be off limits? This turmoil on Billary's team speaks to leadership ability or lack thereof. Well, we disagree here (and there are real difference between private vs. government actors w/r/t 1st amendment protections besides). But please note that I'm not saying the subject *should* be off-limits--only that Clintons may have a legitimate interest, under some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire But I thought the idea was to be better than everyone else? That information should not be suppressed. Power to the people? Nope, just a PR machine like everyone else. Which is fine...if you do not pretend to be superior. It's like the anti-gay minister getting busted smoking crack with a male ho. Look, I'm no fan of hers, but isn't there a substantial difference between information relating to, for...
I still love that he had the only spoken line in Silent Movie. RIP.
Peet's Sumatra or french roast, or Trader Joe's Columbian, through a french press (preferred) or my Braun machine. I've yet to try making espresso.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Read Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, 530 U.S. 640 (2000). It will be very illuminating. For those of you who don't have Westlaw or Lexis: Boy Scouts of America v. Dale You may need to register on Findlaw (free) to read it. The entire line of cases involving the Boy Scouts w/r/t atheists and homosexuals is worthwhile reading for anyone interested in Constitutional interpretation, but Dale is...