or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by JBZ As an American, I'm having a hard time understanding the position of the French youth. I think this must be a cultural thing. Most people I know are employees at will, as am I. This means that they (and I) can be terminated at any time for any reason or for no reason (barring certain illegal reasons relating to discrimination of one form or another). This is true of a great number of the workers in the U.S. That said,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kabert Amazon is still saying there's a projected delivery date of May 5-9 for my order. I guess that just needs to be updated. Looking forward to it! Beat me to it. Every time I order from Amazon I see "The Suit" taunting me from my pre-orders list....
Quote: Originally Posted by j I can run into those anywhere, but at least you can learn something from a smart prick. You can't learn anything from an idiotic one. Not necessarily true: some people are destined to serve as sterling examples, and others are destined serve as horrible warnings.
Well, at least now the folks looking for parallels with Vietnam have a little something....
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I wear a blue sportcoat with horn buttons quite often. I would be lost without mine. Exactly my sentiments, as well. I've often thought about getting a true blazer, school buttons and all, but can't seem to justify it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim oh yeah, and I can't forget this either: http://www.viceversa.com/Dynamic....47.html Must . . . restrain . . . credit . . . card. . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 I still feel like I have a lot to learn. Plus there are a few things that simply interest me (see the blazer post). There are certainly fewer Jantzen posts these days, but things will pick up now that Ricky's taking orders again. Also, the Grenson bomb is about to go off. I also thought post-crash posts just seemed more vituperative in general, and especially so in the general fora, but I still learn so...
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Uh, he didn't say all the people on the list were not credible. The quote says that Sheen was joining the "growing ranks of prominent credible whistleblowers" implying that he was also a prominent credible source. That is a bit of a stretch, even a laughable stretch. When I read that line, I honestly thought the article was tongue-in-cheek, at least until the second part of the article.
I've had a beard for a little over ten years. It began as an expedient (not shaving in the field), and I liked it, partly because everyone and his uncle (and few aunts, to be sure) were sporting Van Dykes. I hate the thought of it, but if beards are becoming trendy, I might have to shave....
Quote: Originally Posted by denning Someone said it in the last thread and I wholeheartedly agree, Kari Byron from Mythbusters. Seconded.