or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price. Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain. I'll also second (third . . .) the Islays mentioned up to this point, and I'll add Bowmore. A list without Islays is simply illegitimate.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas When you've got a two-dog race, the winner is still a dog. Great line. I'm using it.
^^^^^
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 All good points. I'm just saying calling my friend "a fucking idiot" is a little harsh. Also a fair point--but emotions run high on these kinds of issues and hyperbole isn't exactly unknown in these parts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 Yeah. Because some dude outside a tourist site is funding terrorism. For all you and your friend know, yes. Judging from your stated ironic purpose, you even assumed as much. Quote: A) Do you try to be foolish all the time, or does it just come naturally? Strong words from such a thin-skinned dude: "I can post anything I want on the internet about a friend of mine, but no matter what...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Your friend is a fucking idiot.
^^^ Funny you mention the 2000--I've seen probably four of them on the road in the last week. Great little cars.
Almost any inter-war Pierce-Arrow, especially the Phaetons: Look here and here for some great examples. Also, check out the Nethercutt Collection/Museum in Sylmar, CA: aside from some outstanding examples of the cars, they have an incredible hood ornament collection.
I'm actually surprised. My wife isn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 I never said that typos, ugly presentation, etc. don't matter. This is about the paper, not the content. Didn't mean to imply otherwise, RD. Sorry I was unclear.