or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe I guess the Ferrari's are showing that you can't quite count them out this season. I've been away from F1 for a little over a year, but two years ago Ferrari's cars were simply in a class of their own--by a large margin. Did they somehow fall behind on the performance curve, or is the departure of their drivers (M.S. especially) the primary factor? Edit: Not that Raikkonen is a slouch--I always...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Thinking about the Dreamcast a lot lately, so I just dug it out of my closet. I got mine chipped, so it can play burned/import/etc games without a boot disk. Started downloading a whole buttload of games. My DC never left the TV, though I don't play it as much now. When I do, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Tennis are my favs. I always liked Chu Chu Rocket, though I never knew why and never...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster At this point, I'm not sure what I think. I have a "we broke it, we have to fix it" mentality mostly, but I'm not sure that that's not just stupid hope that we haven't irrevocably screwed up the whole endeavor. I think we have to at least try, though. This is almost exactly where I am right now, but I was against the invasion because: 1. I was more wary of Iran than Iraq 2. I approved of the...
My father's '75/6 Toyota Corolla mini-wagon. Had 15 years and around 80K miles on it. Ran for another four years and 50K miles or so of hard use, then literally shot one of the spark plugs out of the engine. That 2TC engine was sweet: 70-odd horsepower (IIRC) and purely mechanical. We could do everything we needed to keep it running.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt The city government is too hard to deal with. Understatement of the year.
I actually think NBA commentators (particularly former players) would buy into some of these designs, so you might get some trickle-down purchases that way. I wouldn't even consider wearing any of them, and I don't think anyone who works in a professional environment would either, though "Design No. 3," when paired with a tie, looks enough like a traditional tab collar that you might get away with it. Remember, Eric, that dressing "like a penguin," despite your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saucemaster FWIW, the higher education system in Cali is really good, even for people who slacked off in high school or had far fewer opportunities and limited resources--there's a robust community college system that feeds directly into the California State and University of California systems. A lot of people take a couple years at a community college to get their general requirements out of the way and maybe a few basic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s Well, like I said, the book dispelled a lot of "common sense" type of things. There really wasn't a whole lot on the economy either. No, the problem is that because the book's conclusions were problematic at best, it didn't really disprove anything. The author (whose name I forget) had a series of online debates on Slate while he was writing his book. In those debates, the derivation and (especially)...
Wow, an F-15 Agile Eagle and an F-16XL. Do you happen to have the date of the photo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s Got nephews and I know 2 year olds can barely talk. This varies considerably, particularly for polyglot kids, who usually talk later. Also, boys usually talk, walk, etc. significantly later than girls. Quote: It's a statistically proven fact that "Head Start" and similar programs out there have no bearing on how well a child does in long-term schooling (please don't ask me to cite, I'm too...