or Connect

Posts by Tyto

Quote: Originally Posted by quevola Frrrank + Bowtielover = Comedy Gold Fixed. (I, too, like bow ties, but wear them very sparingly)
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 Another note on the D40. It doesn't capture images in raw format. So if you want the full power of post processing in raw (which is pretty important) the D80 is the way to go. This isn't correct. Both the D40 and D40X have NEF (Nikon RAW) capability. Another couple of options in the OP's price range are the Pentaxes: K10D, K100D Super. Decent kit lenses, lots of good used lenses on the market...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Look at it this way, imagine the shabby treatments this 7 year old Korean girl will get in the hands of these diplomats if they had kept her, knowing full well she's less than desirable and only fulfilling a temporary need for a child until the right one comes along. I think everyone recognizes this, and I certainly wouldn't advocate forcing the parents to keep the girl--far from it. The outrage at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by eg1 Looking forward to the recipe, if you perfect it and are willing to share. Me, too! Me, too!! Quote: It has to be better than my University dorm attempt to make Kraft Dinner (that's Kraft Macaroni and Cheese to you'se Amerks) with Irish whiskey rather than milk ... I've seen a few recipes for cooking w/scotch in one of the whiskey-related mags. I'll see if I can find them.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I'm not really a cocktail amateur but I just wanted to post what I think is the best cocktail I ever tasted. You guys can tell me if I'm crazy or have no taste. It was a Maidstone, and it was at the Maidstone Club. That thing was just the most perfect summer drink ever. Better than a perfect mint julep Anyone ever had or made a Maidstone? Never heard of it--what's in it?. The only cocktail recipe that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sartorian That was intentional, right? I had meant to throw an error in there, but not *that* one.
Quote: Originally Posted by ghulkhan I feel bad for their own biological kids as well... This is the part of the equation that's been ignored. I don't know how old the biological children are, so this might not be an issue, but can you imagine how the scumbag parents explained to the kids the disappearance of their sister? And what would that do to them? "Mommy and Daddy gave back our sister because _____. What happens if *I* do something...
Unlikely, but I'll try.
According to this, Kovalainen will be at McLaren with Hamilton in 2008. Should be a great year for them.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad That's old news. I recall reading quite some time ago that Dyskstra used steroids to bulk up for his last year with the Mets to pump up his free agent value. He ended up hitting something like twice his career average in home runs, as I recall. "Now, I did not know that." Too bad.