or Connect

Posts by ademarco

Is this shoe the same sizing as carmina? 9UK equals 10US? I am interested in getting a pair of the black captoes as well.
The burgundy shell shoes I received were more of a Horween #8, like the Alden shoes.  The cognac shell in double monk was dark.  I actually wanted to get a pair of saddle shell double monks, but the MTO price was equivalent of being able to get 2 pairs instead of just 1.  The only way I could see resolving the color issue is Betty sending a sample cuts to the MTO organizer and then they would be able to decide.  Aero leather jacket manufacturer actually sent me 5-6...
It was a long wait as I ordered them in March, but told Betty to hold them until May when I came back to the U.S.  They shipped from Inca, Spain and arrived in Southern CA in 3 days!  Fedex must have shipped them on a passenger plane or something.  Betty was great to deal with and nailed my size minus the short belt.  My fault for not providing her with 36 US measurement as she must have thought I wear the belt at exactly 34.  Share some photos of the unboxing!
I am a size 34 and the belt only goes to the first hole.  I don't like wearing my belts that short and prefer more length maybe through the 3-4 hole.  Let me know by PM if you are interested as I am in southern CA and flying out of country again on the 31st. I can even send more pics.  The burgundy cordovan for Carmina is more like Horween's cordovan color.  It is a very nice belt and smells wonderful, but sadly my waist is too large for it.  It even comes with the small...
                  Promised photos.  I shined up the Tan pair of calf shoes with saphir, which is a wonderful product from the board sponsor "Hanger Project".  Still waiting on the deer bone to shine up the cordovan pairs.  Thanks to this board for helping me find this great shoemaker.  I have had pairs of Aldens, which are great shoes, but very large compared to the Carmina.  I will eventually have to put up for sale the...
I ordered some momotaro jeans, shirts, PBJ denim from Okayadenim and and-japan.  They both arrived and no duties had to be paid for delivery from Japan to So Cal.  I really enjoy the G003-MB OW details on the outside and inside.  The 0701 are very stiff and have to get them hemmed after I get some wear and eventually wash them.  Also got a momo black chambray shirt and the triple needle stitch detail looks built to last.  The momo wabash dot shirt was out of stock and...
I ordered 3 pairs of shoes, 2 shoe trees, and a cordovan belt from Carmina (Inca, Spain) and they were shipped to my place in So Cal with no customs/duties owed.  It arrived DHL from Spain in 3 days!  I will take pics of shoes, but am always traveling.  The belt ended up 1 size too small so I will have to find time to sell it.  Betty stated that shipping costs wouldn't make it worth exchanging the size.  Beautiful products and my wife thought the shoes in Inca last were...
I put in an order through okayadenim and and-japan.com.  Both have great prices for momo and also okayama is very helpful with sizing questions.  I just placed an order yesterday.  I am thinking they are proxy.  Hopefully don't get slammed by customs. 
I got a pair of Sugar Cane Okinawa from Kiya and they fit wonderfully after a few wears.  I didn't realize that the jeans had to stretch after a few wears in order for them to be comfortable.  From my understanding, they have one wash.  Does anyone know of Tommy Hilfiger Mercer and Naked and Famous dark indigo weird guy jeans?  Are they unsanforized?  They are already tight and seem like I might get a blow out by bending down.  I was interested in getting the Roy SF01...
I got quoted 650 euro + 40 euro shipping for a MTO in saddle shell for the double monk.  Really would love to do a MTO, but would like to get fitted at the store.  One day I will make that trip.   I opted to get the cognac shell double monks, another pair of burgundy shell shoes, 2 sets of shoe trees (not sure if they are lasted) and a burgundy shell belt for 1071 euro total.  I really liked the saddle shell double monks from epaulet's website, but could not get a...