or Connect

Posts by TUspiv

Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn That's so weird!, the only other major Chinese city I'd been to is Kunming too! I liked Kunming as well- it seemed more wild and developing like Bangkok and like some adventures could be had there. I got a more cold, indifferent vibe from Beijing, but I'm no expert. I think the girls from southern China are much prettier too Yes, I'm glad you've confirmed that comparison I made... I was worried I missed out on...
I'm in Beijing now and will be next semester as well, I'm living in Haidian, which is the University district. Send me a pm and we can exchange info. I've only been here a few months, so I'm hardly an expert, but I can maybe help you get started. I'm from Dallas and I love Beijing. But like an above poster said, it is probably largely because I was bored at home. Shopping can be kind of mixed, Dongwuyuan has cheap stuff but low quality, some shops in Sanlitun and...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad No. Not necessarily. Law school and the actual practice of law are very, very different experiences. No offense, super, but that's terrible advice. There are far easier ways to make a ton of money if that's your primary goal and you're willing to do something you otherwise hate to achieve it. No. A number of folks I went to school with had no intention of practicing. I wouldn't be surprised if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nil I have a feeling many women I've dated in the past would have been wary of any man with a well stocked collection of Disney animated movies. Yeah, we all know Mary Kate and Ashley videos are better.
If they frequently laugh at you. Er, with you. If they laugh at your jokes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins I actually get annoyed when I see OTHER diners with bad table manners. I was once seated by a young couple on a first date and had to ask to move because I couldn't stand their poor table manners... chewing with mouths open, elbows up on the table, gripping their knives. I think what did me in was when the guy asked the girl, "What are capers?" To which she replied, "isn't that when a bad guy robs...
Well this helps explain why many people consistently deny rationality and logic to be a part of their belief systems....
Maybe it was Chivas USA? That seems unlikely in Houston though....
Interesting...had to find the lyrics though.
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek FWIW, Phelps got me watching the olympics and I'm sure it did the same for many other people. Yeah, he definitely saved NBC's ratings...I still don't really care about the Olympics as much as I do most other major sporting events though.