or Connect

Posts by socrates

Part of learning the game, is finding the good thrift stores. Unfortunately I do not have a car so it is out of the question.   But are you saying if one learns the game they can find  super luxury items like Kiton, Brioni, and the likes at thrift stores in Toronto (and its surrounding area) with relative ease? To clarify, I am a hobbyist thrifter trying to find wearable clothes for myself.  More specifically suits, sports coats/blazers, coats and jackets....
This very thread also has contributed to the creation of tons of thrift store customers.  The prices of suits and sports jackets have gone up. In the Toronto area at least.  Finding a high end product in any size is extremely difficult.  When I say high end, I mean E. Zegna, Canali or Samuelsohn.  These suits are mostly double breasted or three buttons.   Forget about brands about Kiton, Brioni etc.  Next in line are Hugo boss, Strellson or Brooks Brothers. The Hugo boss...
That would be a better stratergy.  The last seller accepted my second offer 12 dollars more than my first on a 500 dollar suit.  As  a buyer I will always offer an amount  lower than what I am willing to pay, in the hopes that he accepts.  If a seller makes a counteroffer in the ballpark that  I am willing to pay, I will accept.
Thanks for correcting my typing mistake.
The problem with autodecline is that it is set up to reject all offers.  What if you were selling a  suit and 500 dollars was your lowest price you accept, and I gave you a BO of 495.  You might actually accept my offer since it is a bit below your thresshold, or you may make a counter offer of 500 dollars which the buyer in all likely hood would accept.  With auto decline you may actually lose this business. Purchased a tie with a BINOBO.  My origianl offer was rejected...
Are you Rip Van Winkle?
The photos are not the actual shoes I bought, but were taken from the internet.I got the Kenitworth I love the versatility of these shoes.  They look great with a pair of dark jeans, but also look good with a suit. I also got the Clifton. I wanted a more formal shoe the wear with a tux for a wedding, but this was the most formal that they had.  Still not  bad to wear with a suit.  I will just have to go with the store rental.  It is not my wedding.  If they insist on the...
Thanks for the tip.  Went there today and pick up two pairs.  It should be noted that regular price of the shoes are 365 dollars.  Compared to 475 at Harry Rosen.  The two pairs cost me a grand total of 500 dollars, tax included.
Bespoke is not about buying the perfect fitting suit. You can get a good fitting suit for a lot less money.  Off the rack with alterations or MTM.  It is about designing the perfect suit for your body type.  Your chest to torso ratio is larger than the rest of the population.  In order to look good in a suit you will have to design/buy a suit that will give the illusion that you have a narrower shoulder and larger waist. Here is an example from Arnold Schwarzenegger in ...
I have no problem looking like a waiter.  But then again I am not an elitists who looks down on hard working people.