or Connect

Posts by ktown

RRL Limited Edition Navy Wool Sweater   Gently used, want to sell because I haven't really worn it.   Size Small Limited Edition 1 of 100 pieces Original retail $595 100% wool, navy Made in USA Corozo buttons   Chest/Pit-to-Pit Width 21" Sleeve Length 25.75" (cuffs should be turned back, reducing length) Front Length (front collar to hem) 21.75" Back Length 25.75" Hem Width 14"
 I'm guessing the overwhelming forum response would be to never wear balmorals with jeans or chinos. In fact the rules dictate you should only wear oxfords with suits only, not even just wool trousers with a sport coat. My personal preference is to wear oxfords with anything from a suit down to jeans. But this depends on the style of the oxford and the overall look of my clothing. If I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, of course I won't wear oxfords. But if they are dark...
No I sent a pic of @RogerP's pair, but they just turned out this way. I'm fine with it, and just attribute it to Vass variance.
Latest arrival. I'm done with shoes for a while. I don't even have many pairs compared to most on this board but I feel like I just don't really need more. So I ordered some Vass double monks over a year ago but sold them due to the fit of K. @RogerP always made these look great and after getting side-tracked with other shoes, I decided to give these a try again on a different last. These new ones fit nicely. I didn't expect the design to turn out the way it did with the...
PCL = Polished Center Link DJ = DateJust, a Rolex model Brushed is a type of finishing to the metal that looks like a "grain" on the surface. It hides scratches better and has a matte finish. Polished metal, on the other hand, is very shiny and shows scratches more easily. Thus, you'll mostly find tool/rugged watches with a brushed finish, and more delicate/dress watches with a polished finish. And many watches will contain both types of finishing within the same watch....
Just got the BLNR yesterday. Maiden voyage today. First Rolex.     Along with my other watch.  
Yeah I also really like the Rolex BLNR and the IWC Port Auto. Not sure what I want. I wish the IWC BP came in perhaps a 43mm version...
I've wanted a BP for a long time but have held off on purchasing. What do you think of the watch's size relative to my 6.5" wrist?        
Here's a pic of my JLC Master Compressor Memovox. I purchased this in October of 2015 pre-owned on bracelet, and later purchased a JLC deployant with a Master Compressor style strap. My only other watch is an Omega Seamaster 2254. I really like the look of this watch and one thing that drew me to the watch was the unique in-house complication of the alarm. Happy Friday.  
Two questions:   1. If I visit Seoul, how long would be the minimum to achieve a good number of fittings that will result in a finely tailored suit? I've read in this thread some doing it in 10 days, but it seemed a bit rushed with perhaps 1 or 2 fittings. I have bespoke experience at a "budget" tailor in LA and he only gave me 1 fitting per suit. I can't complain based on the price I paid, but I'm looking at B&Tailor for my next suit and would like a complete bespoke...