or Connect

Posts by ktown

Ahh the good ol' ToJ thread. I've checked in to see this thread once in a while. I'm on week 41 (November order for 2011 Moto). I see that the update is just more of the same - "Guys, x, y and z happened. I'm not giving you a real idea of what's shipping. But at least this time I'm sparing you the monologue of my love life."   It's funny because I ordered my jacket as a 30th birthday present to myself. I was quoted 16-20 weeks before ordering so I would have received the...
I'm curious if I can find some casual sport shirts (either button down or non button down collar, shorter length, slim cut, long sleeve) that are better than what I can find at J Crew but in similar styles. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
When I lift my arms on my CT shirts, the sleeve pulls up the arm 1/3 the distance of the forearm. When I'm wearing a suit, this causes the shirt sleeve to bunch up inside the coat sleeve and when I put my arms back down, the sleeve is all bundled up in the coat sleeve so that you can't see the 1/4" shirt cuff anymore. This is very annoying to me.   I think this is due to the CT shirt armhole for my body type being too low. I have another shirt from Nordstrom that does...
I just received a pair of Old English after exchanging for a different size from Ascot. These are replacements for my now-sold AE PA. I took the advice of rikod, Louis XIV and Torsion on sizing the second time around and they are a better fit. I think my next shoe will also be a Vass.          
I'm necro-bumping this thread. The whole reason I started this thread is we had a new guy start in my group and he kept asking about my clothes. Sometimes I'd give him vague answers and other times I'd be more specific because it would just look weird if I kept dodging.   Anyway, he's upgraded his wardrobe over the last year and for the items I told him about, he went out and bought the exact same items. I'm not talking about a similar style from a different maker, or...
Considering that June orders aren't even done yet, I wouldn't bet on it.
I vote for either Loake or Meermin for your first black cap toe. Research the sizing and you should be fine (maybe one return if needed). One strategy you can use is go to Nordstrom and try on a few pairs of AE so that you know what your size is. Then research here what your equivalent Loake or Meermin size is. Then buy.
If I get size 40.5 U last shoes, should I be getting 40 or 41 trees? I specified 40, but the above info makes me think I should be getting 41?
I have some Olfe oxfords and they are very comfortable. They feel like a normal width shoe. I can't close up the laces all the way so I would say they are normal instep. They fit similarly to my AE Park Ave's (now sold).
I have a pair of Hiro double monks and the instep is indeed high. I have to strap them up at the tightest hole (3rd hole) and I still get heel slip.