or Connect

Posts by ktown

Mike, what is the status of the G&L Selvedge pants that needed to be dyed to a darker tan color? I paid about a month ago and am wondering about the ETA.
I purchased from Meermin in Fall of 2012 and again in Spring of 2013. You basically just pay online and then you'll get an order processing confirmation. It took about 2 months for both of my pairs to actually arrive in my hands. It seems like they don't actually carry sufficient stock and each order is made after it is ordered. Then you can expect to get hit with customs/duties a couple of weeks after you receive the shoes.   There may be quality issues as is well...
I'm considering getting some jumper boots from skoak (model 80184). The website says this Oscar last shoe is normal width so I guess I should get my normal UK size since I have normal width feet?   Allen Edmonds Park Avenue 5 last 8D US - great fit Meermin Double Monk Hiro 7UK - a little bit of heel slip Meermin Balmoral Olfe 7UK - great fit C&J/RL Lindrick 7.5US/7UK - great fit
Sounds good. I was actually kind of glad when you posted the tobacco color as I prefer that over the standard khaki. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the resulting shade.
I also want to wash/soak my jeans for the first time. I've been wearing my PNS for 9 months and the fabric is starting to feel a little dirty to me. I've heard soaking with Woolite Black is the way to keep the dark color, but I think I'm just going to use regular laundry detergent. I also don't have a bathtub (only shower) so I'm going to just fold the jeans up and soak them in a bucket. I know my conditions aren't ideal but I'm also not a huge OCD type with my clothes.
I am part of the Wilshire G&L pre-order and I want tobacco brown.
For the G&L selvedge twill chinos that are going to be made in the Wilshire shape, will flap pockets be an option or is that only with the Rivet MTO?
I am also in for pre-order on the Galey and Lord Khaki twill pants. Do I just need to watch this thread for a while to get in on it?
If I want some chinos to be slimmer throughout the entire pant leg, will the tailor end up taking it in where the selvedge line is making the selvedge line wider?
I'm thinking of picking up a $5k-ish watch this year. So far I'm liking the IWC Pilot Chrono and the Zenith El Primero:       I already own an Omega SMP 2254:     I'm looking for something sporty, >40mm but flexible on this, on a leather strap, with more visual details on the dial. I'll probably look around for a mint condition used watch. I work in a business casual environment and rarely ever need to wear suits. I want to be able to dress up the watch for...