or Connect

Posts by ktown

PCL = Polished Center Link DJ = DateJust, a Rolex model Brushed is a type of finishing to the metal that looks like a "grain" on the surface. It hides scratches better and has a matte finish. Polished metal, on the other hand, is very shiny and shows scratches more easily. Thus, you'll mostly find tool/rugged watches with a brushed finish, and more delicate/dress watches with a polished finish. And many watches will contain both types of finishing within the same watch....
Just got the BLNR yesterday. Maiden voyage today. First Rolex.     Along with my other watch.  
Yeah I also really like the Rolex BLNR and the IWC Port Auto. Not sure what I want. I wish the IWC BP came in perhaps a 43mm version...
I've wanted a BP for a long time but have held off on purchasing. What do you think of the watch's size relative to my 6.5" wrist?        
Here's a pic of my JLC Master Compressor Memovox. I purchased this in October of 2015 pre-owned on bracelet, and later purchased a JLC deployant with a Master Compressor style strap. My only other watch is an Omega Seamaster 2254. I really like the look of this watch and one thing that drew me to the watch was the unique in-house complication of the alarm. Happy Friday.  
Two questions:   1. If I visit Seoul, how long would be the minimum to achieve a good number of fittings that will result in a finely tailored suit? I've read in this thread some doing it in 10 days, but it seemed a bit rushed with perhaps 1 or 2 fittings. I have bespoke experience at a "budget" tailor in LA and he only gave me 1 fitting per suit. I can't complain based on the price I paid, but I'm looking at B&Tailor for my next suit and would like a complete bespoke...
I'm thinking of getting my first pair of pants from Luxire. I'm specifically looking to make a chino, casual pant. Which of the following options would be best?   1. Send a bespoke pair of wool suit pants that fit great to copy with some adjustments. This seems like an ok idea but I feel that a wool dress pant and a chino don't really have the same fit/drape. 2. Send a pretty good fitting pair of chinos to copy with adjustments. Not as good a fit as #1, but it's a chino...
  Thanks for the input. I have a normal instep and thus Vass U last doesn't fit me that well - normal size results in decent toe fit, but roomy instep/heel slip, whereas sizing down results in correct heel/instep but tight toes. I didn't know RL carries GG so I will check them out some time. I remember just last year when I was contemplating picking up some GG and I could get SJ2 for under $1k yet now they are over $1k, and I've read about imminent price increases yet...
Hello all,   I'm thinking about purchasing my first G&G and joining the big boy shoe club. I have a few pairs of Vass, Carmina, & C&J, so this would represent a significant price jump for me. The model I have in mind is the St James II (not sure yet of vintage cherry or rioja).   Are G&G's significantly better in quality than Vass? Frankly, when I wear my Carminas now, they definitely feel of lower quality compared to my Vass. Will I experience the same toward Vass by...
I'm curious how new US customers have been able to order from Vass directly after they stopped allowing it. There are a few members I see in this thread who discovered Vass after this stopping point yet they are able to order direct. Is it the case that you have to visit the actual store to get sized and then you become an official customer who can order direct?