or Connect

Posts by roytonboy

So (with apologies to those who may have read this on another thread) a personal view of how the look evelved:  Autumn 1969 - I was wearing brown work boots with commando sole, turned up Levi's, plain BD and fairisle sleeveless v-neck pull-over. Top coat was a Parka with fur around the hood. At this stage (Age 14) my skinhead experience was confined to hanging around street corners and the football terraces where I had already been involved in one or two 'incidents'...
  I have just tried to find it on the internet, but no joy. I'm sure it must be on there somewhere!
 Funnily enough, Gsvs5, you and I have had this conversation on this forum in the past - March 2013! It just goes to underline how varied the skinhead look was, both in different areas and over time. To add to Ivyskin's comment, there was no definitive skinhead outfit, the look evolved from Mod to Suedehead in slightly different ways and times over a 3 year period.The archetypal skinhead uniform of cherry red Doc Martens, turned up jeans, checked shirt with braces showing...
 Yes, 'peanut' - shape of the head with short hair. I don't recall skinheads in Granddad vests either though one or two pictures have appeared on this forum. Maybe a regional thing. Similarly, collarless 'union shirts' were supposedly 'skinhead wear' but I never saw anyone wearing them.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
 It's funny, but from that angle more recognisably 'skinhead'. Take the jacket off and add a sleeveless v-neck and I would have had a similar look at times in 1970 (my trousers would have been light sta-prest and my shoes tan brogues but the style would have been much the same.)
 Must have been before I joined..... Great stuff,  Clouseau and M-o-M. Nice to finish the year on a bit of a high (and on topic!)
 Funnily enough, I don't recall any snobbery from your good self, M-o-M even though we arrived at skinhead from different directions. I have made the same comment to Mr. Knightly. I think we all need to recognise that there were bound to be regional differences in what was worn and when (I wouldn't mind betting that is true even across Greater London) and therefore we can't say what is right and wrong - one man's truth is an other man's "total bollocks" (or "crap" as...
 You know me Clouseau, always happy to stimulate a little debate!