or Connect

Posts by roytonboy

No, but I have been wondering what happened to that young chap I used to see in the bathroom mirror every morning!

Dance?!!? I thought I was doing well to force a smile.......
 ''None could be furrer or rurrer than Surrah, our lassie from Lancashire!"
 roytonboy circa 1970    roytonboy circa 2014   The more things change..............
 There are lots of Northern Soul do's every week-end, they are found all over the country - most of the country is north of Potter's Bar! The trick is to be discerning - I remember travelling to a do a number of years ago and I recognised two tracks all evening! Although some 'Northern' is brilliant stuff, much is pretty good, some just OK and some not up to much (Why have we never heard this before?..... M.O.M. you know the answer!) I tend to restrict myself to venues...
 Thanks for that, Mr. Knightly. I always find it interesting when attending similar types of functions, for similar reasons. Most recently been to the Plebs 'reunion' in Halifax. The 'Plebs' is a Sixties soul club which closed in 1968 and is run by members from that time. To go I wear a 3 button suit (Yes, I know!!!) out of respect to those blokes who, as old mods, wear suits and ties and have expressed appreciation at my doing so, and also in respect to a couple of our...
 When I started 6th form I bought 3 white oxford weave Ben Sherman's to go with school uniform. I was still wearing them 10 years later. (No, not with school uniform!)
   Classic!!
 Yes, the lines between 'Mod' and 'Skinhead' are very blurred - again much to do with time and location. My, somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment was in relation to this - Peter may never referred to himself as a Skinhead - I never referred to myself, nor did anyone ever refer to me, as a Mod. We've had the 'suits' debate, but I would add this,  I traveled all over the midlands and north of England to watch football, and saw many visiting fans between 1968 and 1972 - I don't...