or Connect

Posts by Biscione

Fur coats are great, but they're seldom worn well by men. They demand someone interesting to be wearing them, with a good deal of personality and style, as well as hopefully a sense of humour about wearing a fur coat in the first place. In other words, not some pompous fuckwit who wears sunglasses indoors. Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu now this dude knows how to wear a mink. My god, you're short. I had expected to need to scroll...
I like the look when it's worn with a suit, with a very plain shirt, no accessories, and plain shoes. I think that PinkPantser does this very well with the seersucker suit; largely because I often wear disturbingly similar summer outfits: (disregard creases on trousers; I never seem to pack clothing too cleverly) It's a look that I find more classic than fashionable; probably because of its severe austerity. It's a very clean, non-fussy way of presenting oneself. It's...
At the risk of being unpopular, I think that Bradfords entry is unremarkable. Mafoos is pretty good. I quite like Dan T's outfit with the Black Label suit and Thom Browne cardigan.
I don't think that anyone would care if you didn't wear traditionally correct shoes with black tie, but I see a real charm in formal evening clothing being the last vestige of elegant conformity in male dress. I find a joy in wearing black tie in the way it should be and has been for decades. When people try to add individuality into black tie, you tend to end up with the disasters seen at the oscars every year.
LK is quite right; it can look good, but only in very specific circumstances. It certainly requires a quite slim-fitting suit as well as someone thin and young wearing it. I wouldn't wear this look with t-shirts with graphics or in anything but grey or white, either. Too many people make this mistake. When done correctly, it's a delightful incongruity. When not, it's really dismal.
Shorts are great, when they're well-cut. As it turns out, well-cut shorts are really quite rare. They also look terrible if they don't end well above the knee. I don't think, for example, that I've ever seen an American wearing shorts well. And good male legs are attractive to many people.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I find it quite interesting when someone refuses to move past their heyday and so they are still wearing things that they bought in say, the '60s or the '70s, and which looks completely dated in today's environment. However, that requires a particular (decrepit) mindset and age-set; this, though, does not seem to be the case with Mr.Bown whose diktats all seem self-created--apparently without any irony which might...
White jeans, navy jacket, a tasteful checked or striped shirt (e.g. a small light blue check), white linen pocket square, dark brown dress or driving shoes. Done. You'll be the most elegant person there; only creeps on this forum would object that 'jeans are too casual' for the party. Incidentally, people will notice you wearing the same thing twice; the plebians tend to be more observant than we generally think.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Or something awesome. No. I don't think that you do that, for example... while your dress references the past, it has qualities that are still modern, and that's what stops you from wearing costumes. To me, that guy is clutching onto old-fashioned rules as if they're moral values, but most of them no longer apply to the way we dress (at least in the mind of anyone rational). While there are...
I think that his style is average at best. It interests me that the people who are sanctimonious about clothing tend to be completely unremarkable dressers. I don't disagree with his underlying idea that men should generally dress and act in a respectable and elegant manner, but the way he writes indicates to me that he's a bit of a douchebag and not an example to follow. Beyond the reference to his car, I think that deeming button cuffs 'miserable' is a bit much....