or Connect

Posts by Biscione

I've always believed that being in good shape, having a good haircut, etc. went hand-in-hand with dressing well. It's all a question of looking the best one can with their body.
Interestingly bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I like the vest, too. And the lapels. But the coat's a bit shapeless for my tastes, and the shoulders a bit wide. A nice suit, but no Steed. I agree completely. I might just be having a mental blank, but I can't think of a 'best suit ever'. Certainly not one that I'd have a picture of, anyway. I do very much like this - Quote: Originally Posted by Parker ,...
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog As I was trying to point out above, the suit works in the movie because it's worn by Grant, but grant also works because he's wearing that suit. So this isn't really an instance of successful dressing, but rather of extremely successful mise en scene (no accents on this keyboard, sorry). In NBNW Grant really looks like an ordinary guy who isn't so ordinary after all, and who really stands out from those around him...
This suit gets far too much attention for what it is. I'm sure that it was fantastic for the era, but it's very out-dated, and much of the appeal comes from the fact that it's wrapped around Cary Grant.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Thank you for inline quoting it. A pleasure, and an honour.
Quote: Originally Posted by barims While I do suspect he wears it often outside of costume parties, in the context of the event, I suppose you might have to give him more of the benefit of the doubt. And while not in the minimalistic bounds that you described, I think his smoking jacket lends him the correct air of relaxation to even utilise the look. And look, his shirt is even tucked in! He and his partner there DJ at a number of such events, so those...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria - B You quite like posting this picture, don't you?
Quote: Originally Posted by PinkPantser That looks splendid (though I would say that wouldn't I?) Thank you. I think you do it better, though it might be that haircut... Quote: Originally Posted by barims Well done B, I can't say I'd have imagined you going for this look I did see this done in a well-styled manner (tab collar or no) at the 1920s party I attended last month: Well I don't post regularly...