or Connect

Posts by brooks23

Copy/paste of my Reddit post about the sample sale today:   Wanted to give a quick report of my haul and what I saw: I ended up with: Dark Stantons w/ Tenue de Nîmes leather patch (didn't know these happened) Indigo Stantons, maybe a bit slubby? Older model with a bit higher waist. RGT raw chambray work shirt RGT rinsed indigo chambray short sleeve Jumper GQCA chambray scout shirt GQCA shop tees (x2) Otter Wax beard oil Total cost: $250. Total value:...
I wasn't as impressed by this one as the last one. If you're an XS or XL, you'll have a field day. Almost everything is in stock in those sizes. Smalls are pretty well stocked, too. Slim pickings for those of us who are M/L -- or maybe it's just because I went looking for shirting.   Outerwear was the most plentiful and priced at $50 (soft shell), $80 (jackets), and $100 (hard shell) with the $100 including Transit Issue Parkas and Field Jackets ($500-$600 retail). Lots...
Awesome deals and new stuff, too. I'm not really sure why or how they do it, but I'm glad they do.
Sample sale this weekend, LA dudes.
 Very cool - always wondered about that myself. 
I got mine at the sample sale, as well. Honestly, it may still be worth a punt. At that price you could easily get your money back if they don't work out. They're so, so nice.
  They recommend sizing down on the boots, so I sized down on both the boots and officer shoes and got a good fit. I usually wear an 11-11.5 in dress shoes and boots and went with a 10.5 in each and it worked out great.
 Make sure you follow their advice and size down -- I picked up a pair a couple weeks ago and went down from an 11.5 to 10.5. They're maybe the most comfy and well-fitting pair of boots I have, not to mention I've gotten boat loads of compliments about them.
Picked up a pair of Fatigue Boots and Officer Shoes for $100 and $80 at the sample sale. So, so good and an incredible deal.
Heavier, denser, more water repellent, four way stretch.