or Connect

Posts by Gsvs5

Brilliant FF.I have heard of it,but I never knew the history of the place.Wally Whyton was one of the resident Bands?That just triggered a long forgotten "Lift Off with Ayshea" memory……….I wonder how many years the "Pollo" has got left in it?
Like I said,a Pikey.......just following fashion:happy:
Flip Machine were responsible for a lot of Soul Boys in Bowling Shirts......
That clarifies just what I am saying.Your experience was so very different.Even more so,because there was a perception that everyone down in London had everything.We were Working Holidays and some w/e on the local farms,picking cabbages at 12.i worked for a Greek Cypriot in his Chip shop during my school lunch break and then after school at 4pm.I don't know of any of us giving our parents any of the money we earned until we had left school and started full time...
Agreed Brownie.The style was about for just a relatively short time in a small Country,yet we have so many regionally different experiences,and different memories.Much has been discussed,but through reading snippets from other people,it acts as a catalyst and opens up so much more.Markets have been a continuous link in my lifetime.Cafes also,but unfortunately so few are now independent.i think everyone agrees that the adoption of the "Mall" killed so many Villages and...
Eleven was a pivotal age for school kids.11+ exams ,mixing with older youths at High School,Youth Clubs,etc?Parents giving more trust,freedom etc You can't ignore the fact of some kids maturieing earlier than others also.In 69 I was twelve.All my mates were three to four years older,that probably explains why I was allowed to travel to away games etc with them..Everyone had a different story.By Eleven I was making my own clothing decisions,cooking my own meals and pretty...
Correct quote,for the record....
I remember the smell of cabbages from Covent Garden as I walked up the street before I had set eyes on the Market Hall on one of my early visits to London.Sundays were regularly spent over in Brick Lane early in the morning ,over to Camden in the afternoon and finish off at Marine Ices.! I had a stall myself in Portobello for a while,and I worked on the street when I came to the US for the first couple of years.They are the first places I seek out when I travel to a new...
off Topic,but as inks ,Brownie and Roy have been commenting on various areas of London I thought some might enjoy this link: http://spitalfieldslife.com/ I love London and spent years walking the streets when I lived there.History and fond memories everywhere.
These photos reflect my memories of the time and somewhat contradict that "you had to be Fighting in the pubs" to be considered a Skinhead in '69 as has been said by Roy previously.As he also stated....it was the fashion.some of the oldest contributors on here have commented about younger kids catching ontoi it just before its demise,but there were plenty of kids sporting the look (without shaved heads) who only saw the inside of a Smoke Room with their Mum and Dad,earlier...