or Connect

Posts by Gsvs5

Never ever  recall ever seeing those jeans before?I know that any of the Orange tab's were always frowned upon by us.The pocket shape looks very weird to me also.More like an Edwin Nashville pocket than any other Levis IMO.These seem just too different to anything else that was widely worn.I wonder how they Sold at the time and if in fact were distributed in the UK?
http://www.riverisland.com/men/coats--jackets/bomber-jackets/dark-red-bomber-jacket-295058   http://www.yoox.com/uk/41615487LW/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41615487LW&sizeId=
Impressive turnout.Glad to see everyone enjoying a spell of decent weather
Not sure about which one was talked about then ,but Leather Safari jackets were a post suedehead thing for a brief moment.Seen worn with salt and pepper tweed flares,lambswool polo neck sweaters,long hair and Toppers ! Very much a  Wynegard / Bodie and Doyle look IMO.   
I had a pr of Lee Cooper jeans and  they looked nothing like that.They were very lightweight in comparison to the more desireable Lee,Levi,or Wranglers of the day.The fit was quite narrow and they didn't fade very well.I think i recall some cord jackets that were almost acceptable though?
I think Roy and I had a conversation on here regarding selvedge? I never recall it being recognised as a detail that was important (or aware of ?).Things like the loop on your shirt,seam on the heel of your Loafers,or re-placement of your jacket Levi Label….was.Roy disagrees with me.My recollections are that Pre '69 era jeans were worn predominantly with shoes and were  worn without showing any of the inside of the jeans.I am guessing that with the move toward boots that...
Does anyone know who the Italian maker is for the Sid Mashburn Penny Loafers? I did find the answer years ago online,but i have since lost it.Thanks
 And i had completely forgot about that tune ! I'm scared to YouTube it as it might get stuck in my brain and negatively impact the next 20 years of my life….(wishful thinking)
Cheers Cleav.I had seen an episode earlier tonight that was (unfortunately) hosted by Patsy Kensit.She managed to add zero to the show apart from her poor elecution school English.I didn't realise there were others and look forward to seeing "Suits,Boots and Northern Roots" sometime around the footy tomorrow !If I have the time i'll also investigate La Commare Secca…..something bizarre going on there by the look of that B&W still ?
Agree on the Glasses.Along with the watch,seems to pull the whole look together for me,adding just enough color and interest.As someone who now wears glasses more and more,I spend a considerable time and money on them.Claire Goldsmith has a lot to answer for !