or Connect

Posts by Gsvs5

Comforting to think that maybe,just maybe, a gent with such panache could be performing your next Colonoscopy
Looks a bit short to me and the shoulders on the model images look too Boxy-almost David Byrne like….nice color though.
Just edited my post Bob….should have said Lambswool and not Shetland.Need another coffee !
Most of the Loons came later for us as they were really "Hippy" wear and it took a while to catch on.Like you say,they were often thin ,cheap,brushed cotton ,hung low around your arse and were a big departure from everything we had worn the previous few years.My closest attempt to them were a pair of gaberdine split "V" knee flairs with a back yolk.Much heavier and dressier than the cotton ones.They were cut quite similar to the Farrah trousers of much later, but with that...
Oh yes.......oh yes......As for the white t shirts,I never recall seeing anyone wearing them under a shirt,but it was quite common to wear one alone under a Lambswool v neck early on or a dyed grandad vest similarly worn .
Very enjoyable,particularly seeing the lad Tony and his reflections on the time and that he still embraces the style.Small Faces footage,but no Faces yet? I look forward to the next episode....refreshingly void of the usual pundits dragged in to comment was a bonus.
Just saw a documentary along the lines of British women being the most obese in Europe .Average is a size 16 apparently! Think it has to be down to processed food?There are just too many kids with the same problems.
perfecting the Italian Trouser/blazer with the now ubiquitous Dbl Monks. Milan Jan 2014........Plundering England1970 fair isle
Without wishing to offend anyone Colin,that was really my point.Women of middle age wearing any teenage fashion can look ridiculous.Most of the stuff we wore was Ivy with an attitude.take away the attitude and I am sure a middle age bloke can pull it off today. That was really my question regarding the limitations of meeting someone.90% of the girls looked great at 16....at 40+ I am not so sure?
The most significant pointer IMO to the Italian CBD is the cut of the trouser and length it is worn at.Comparatively very narrow and slim,worn short with no break(to better show the shoe) and a fractionally wider cuff than an American/Englishman would choose.This is consistent with suits and when paired with a sports jacket.it is almost never seen worn by Americans and usually only Italians in England..Again IMO,your tailor Mr K is adhering to a very British point of...