or Connect

Posts by Trilby

Quote: Originally Posted by RJman It's a British luxury lifestyle brand [EDIT: gagging as I write that expression] started as a bit of a vanity project by an aristocratic family (which also sells organic food). Most of the stuff is made in Italy. It's pretty nice. They have a multilevel shop in Sloane Square, London. Not an aristocratic family at all. They own a company that makes construction equipment and tractors (imagine a British...
Why don't you get a needle and thread (or a sewing machine) and have a go at doing it yourself?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton It's not back. It survives among a small remnant of people who like it. When we die, it will die. If J Crew is selling them now (rather a nice, simple, sterling silver one), then I think it means they're back. Or maybe we can wait until they don't sell any, and they sell them at huge discount.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin I'm sure it's meant for the foreign markets, where J.Crew fills a pretty small but wealthy niche. You probably won't even see it in any retail store in the U.S. I'd bet. Does J Crew operate in any foreign markets? Their website doesn't list any stores outside the US and I think they will only do mail order to Canada and Japan. In any event, I'm sure their pricing on items like this builds in the...
This is ridiculous. As others have pointed out, the whole idea of a class ring is very silly except perhaps for a small number of undergraduate schools. For a law school student/graduate to want one in connection with a 3 year JD degree seems like the height of bad taste. However, for someone even to consider this after doing an LLM is completely unspeakable.
I'm really getting bored of this car. Last night, I saw three of them within the space of about 10 minutes. That's more a commentary on central London, than anything about the car.
If you want to protect the soles, then don't wear the shoes. Keep them in a display case.
I thought the 1 series was just a hatchback. Have they done a coupe version just for the US market?
If you're interested in international relations or maybe the foreign service, languages should be a priority. If you're not already doing it, a major western European language (Gaelic isn't a major language) and then perhaps a "hard" language - Arabic is an obvious choice but there are various others. Or go and live in Ireland for a year - see if you can do a year at a university there.
www.apartmenttherapy.com Lots of good ideas there