or Connect

Posts by Trilby

INSEAD lets you split your time between the Fontainebleau and Singapore campuses - it's a great option, although given the total length of the program it doesn't give you a huge amount of time in either place. However, you should really have a clear view of what you want to get out of B school before committing to it.
The bowtie looks ridiculous -- since when did cops wear bowties? I think the NJ state police uniform is particularly distinctive. It looks like the sort of thing Herman Goering wore.
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Does anyone know what an "╦ťaristocrat' accent is? Is that how he talks when he is working as a "costumed character"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter Wittamer are Belgian and have lovely chocolates. They seem to ship from locations in France: Wittamer also have the Belgian royal warrant for chocolate, for what that's worth. As another suggestion for a tiny artisanal producer (French, not Belgian), try Joel Durand in St-Remy-de-Provence. He uses a lot of local herbs and spices, like basil and lavender, in his chocolate. Very unusual, but some amazing...
Of the major houses, Leonidas and Neuhaus are good choices. Leonidas is probably the best bang for the buck. For a smaller producer, Marcolini is fantastic. It's not necessary to have things sent overnight, but the chocolate doesn't last long on the shelf (or more specifically, the cream-based fillings really don't have a long shelf life). I would want something that could be delivered within a few days.
They will make any of their shoes in shell cordovan as a special order. I have a pair of cordovan chukka boots on special order from them at the moment.
Is this a fancy dress party?
I think Bose has shut down some ebay sales of their noise cancelling headphones. They charge significantly more for these outside the US, and people have tried buying several in the US and then reselling them privately on ebay. My recollection is that they were successful in getting ebay to take down the auctions, unless the seller could show that he was making a bona fide personal resale (i.e. he was selling something that he had bought and used himself as opposed to...
Alan Clark (conservative politician, diarist, notorious rake, and car collector) despised over-restored cars and wrote at length about driving battered but original cars. For anyone not familiar with them, his diaries are a joy to read and have lots of entries about his obsessions with cars. Also his obsessions with women, and entertaining descriptions of various political gaffes.
London firms, even where they have gone business casual, tend to have more people wearing suits than comparable places in NY. You will have plenty of meetings, even as a junior associate, so you'll need to be stocked up on suits. Congrats on the move to London. Feel free to send me a PM to discuss in more detail - I know this scene pretty well.