or Connect

Posts by Trilby

Quote: Originally Posted by Coho Looks like they've become more efficient. Does anyone know why? My guess is that they've settled into their new, larger premises now. Ricky also has a few people working for him in the store.
It's not clear if Ferrari is suing about the modifications to their car (crazy) or about all the Ferrari branding on this guy's website. If it's the latter, it's not so ridiculous - you can't just take someone else's trademarks and use them to promote your own company.
Quote: Originally Posted by waitwhat Jantzen has linen shirts available, and according to forum posts they are medium to heavy in comparison to other linen shirts. I have never had a linen shirt, what is it comparable to(in terms of cooling power). Agreed - they have a good selection of different colours (all solids), but the cloth is relatively heavy and doesn't breathe especially well. I had a linen shirt made recently elsewhere from one...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. Henry Poole in China. Kilgour bought by a Dubai fund. A&F, Evisu, and Jil Sander on the Row. WTF!?! Merrill Lynch bought by Singapore and Korea, Citi bought by Abu Dhabi and Saudi . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy Paul Stuart and Ben Silver will definitely have large selections Tom. I can check Paul Stuart out for you on Monday. Paul Stuart has the widest selection of knit ties that I've seen anywhere.
INSEAD lets you split your time between the Fontainebleau and Singapore campuses - it's a great option, although given the total length of the program it doesn't give you a huge amount of time in either place. However, you should really have a clear view of what you want to get out of B school before committing to it.
The bowtie looks ridiculous -- since when did cops wear bowties? I think the NJ state police uniform is particularly distinctive. It looks like the sort of thing Herman Goering wore.
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Does anyone know what an "╦ťaristocrat' accent is? Is that how he talks when he is working as a "costumed character"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter Wittamer are Belgian and have lovely chocolates. They seem to ship from locations in France: Wittamer also have the Belgian royal warrant for chocolate, for what that's worth. As another suggestion for a tiny artisanal producer (French, not Belgian), try Joel Durand in St-Remy-de-Provence. He uses a lot of local herbs and spices, like basil and lavender, in his chocolate. Very unusual, but some amazing...
Of the major houses, Leonidas and Neuhaus are good choices. Leonidas is probably the best bang for the buck. For a smaller producer, Marcolini is fantastic. It's not necessary to have things sent overnight, but the chocolate doesn't last long on the shelf (or more specifically, the cream-based fillings really don't have a long shelf life). I would want something that could be delivered within a few days.