or Connect

Posts by Resistant

Pic of the year for me DonL. I just thought 'yes I should do that.  will call Kathy to add me on the list   Mdubs really delivered on some pics of the best shoes /boots available and I want to get them all.   In memoriam a pair of Johnson & Murphy and Doc Martins R.I.P.   Strangest argument on the thread was about China, but you all de-escalated the situation with good humor...so good times TY 
The bubble roughly a finger print size developed at the second to third wearing, I waited for it to go flat and tried brushing to make it stick down. No luck   My cobbler says it must be a solvent I put on the shoe. So if a drop of liquor hit it and does that damage, I would be surprised. To my knowledge no solvents touched the shoes.
  Fresh out of the box Alden Madison straight tip boots on Grant. With a new NAS to assemble. Inspired by DonL, Uncle Mac, tifosi, Alcibiades, I was very pleased to get these boots with a horween stamp too. Butter soft shell surrounding my feet.
Before and After of  Alden refinishing      color8 shell that had a bubble develop and then crack and flake the shell under is not black but deep purple.   
[[SPOILER]]  The first class of Massachusetts State Troopers to ever not have Alden trooper boots supplied to them - just graduated.  They will have to buy their own and supplies are limited.
  New years calm before the storm. I need a tailor by the look of things. Brownies and peppermint gelato coming next.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shell-Cordovan-8-color-8-NST-Tanker-boots-shoes-11-C-Palaza-Last-Rare-/191020014161?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2c79ae1a51     TANKER 11C plaza #8  
Kudu chukka with the Goodyear rubber tread. Can get hosed down and still have dry feet.
Whiskey PTB, Walnut SW -Epaulet, #4 chukka All recent, all the lightest colored shoes I have  I no longer mind brown shoes       Red Sox World Series Champions - breaking-in the celebration score     Whiskey Wednesdays are a go.  
I can remember back to 2008 a time when I should have been Ravello. I was reading all these Uncle and Nephew posts thinking "WoW this guy really cares about his nephews shoes, I should do the same someday".