or Connect

Posts by Resistant

OK the MTO being talked of has similarities to this Alden for Jcrew boot so. ie crepe snuff brass eyelets speedhooks plain toe is close to Indy welt?   As active as these threads are it seems Alden could PM the 20 or so regulars and offer some Color 4 boots for Christmas...     rumor is Mr Porter executives are getting color 4 boots and the site does not even carry Alden think of how many pair this sites people have sold
  Grant last boots the flaw is how the tongue on one pair shifts from center while the other just always stays centered.   I tried different lacing, and they are well fitting. Would roughing up the inner side keep it from slipping?
  Kicked a stonewall wearing these - had the worst scuff on any shoe ever. Mac method and the spoon trick with reno. Not even a sign of damage. I could never do that with calf, that is fix the shoe not kicking the stonewall. Oh also dripped edge dressing all over these the following week. Mac method = problem solved.    These have an odd stitch somewhere as well, eventually I laced up my shoes and went to work that day.  Now only $2000.00 American dollars on Ebay
  looks to be a double stitch circled in red- could be cut lower so you see more of the perforation wear the thread pulls out. Not a defect and not worth cutting the thread    since you then damage the seam and create an actual defect.  These Alden boots are works of art and this pair, is your pair.   the hole is character and has likely been there since the Horween Factory. Whats one more hole on brogue boot
    Robert Talbott buckles will match nice with the Horween belts.   Typical for those horse strap buckles to come with a custom Bridle Leather belt. Strap buckles are a    Very English country look and not American business at all. Really your only buying the shell strap and the 450$ is a choice deal for single piece construction on a strap that will fit tons of great buckles. obviously I'm jelly  
monoprice.com    blutooth wraparounds
Kerouac is the best known beatnik - I think he is not very hipster to todays standard, but hipsters love his message.
So a google of Alden and Hipster turned up this   http://aheadlongdive.com/2010/11/01/alden-restoration-the-after/   Interesting to me I have never seen Alden restoration oil lock leather.    I would not doubt this blogger has been to this thread.     Ps my favorite hipster are Mumford hipsters and the Steampunk victorian era kind, not the steampunk future in space types.   Also the 1940's pin-up models female hipster. Out here in the rural Boroughs...
The Gos has some wonderful films and funny rom-coms, just don;t go into viewing them without a few drinks.
I see the Meta - nerd trending a bit on tv and such. And I really feel for those girls with the chest tats which only serve to enrage parents and ruin a good set of t*ts.   After getting the 60,000$ fine art degree, two grand + on ink is a cost to benefit decision that may not attract the best mate.