or Connect

Posts by Resistant

How are these rare?   I suppose these are soft toe like The Bureau Belfast has, and also a  flex sole.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Alden-Plain-Toe-Blucher-Shell-Cordovan-Color-8-Size-7-5-/330962826671?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4d0eebf5af
Totally agree the paypal thing is annoying. It is a constant easily accounted for in pricing.    I don't believe it is dishonest or enough to be banned from a forum
Sammy    The boot is hard to come by, the longwing is in the Alden catalog and easy to order.
PAYPAL policy is clear that a seller shall not pass the 3% fee to the buyer.    It is done - especially on a certain Audio equipment forum and craigslist 
I am amazed a marketing start-up has management and 4 departments to put you in.    Clearly they may have someone other than you who could go. Thats were the whole "we don't think you speak-up" line is from that tells me someone else in that meeting is dumb and you are not being better than them. Or you are failing to provide someone in the meeting with what they need from you in order for them to do their own work well.   Overall if they will let you stay and...
I saw the tongue trainer before, worth a try if you say it works. I did not want to stitch the side of the boot to hold the thing in place as is exampled somewhere on this thread.   I will check with my cobbler about a tack stitch to keep it in place but I did want to avoid that since he is an Alden dealer and the boots are purchased elsewhere.   Overall I will try the trainer first. Surprisingly a pad under the tongue did not work           Truth is spoken here.    Avoid...
Congressman David L. Dilbeck Method         Erb Crandal:: Why are you all shiny? Congressman David Dilbeck: It's Vaseline. Erb Crandal:: Oh. Oh! It's Vaseline.  Congressman David Dilbeck: You've never covered yourself with Vaseline? Erb Crandal:: No, no, not unless I have third-degree burns. No. Congressman David Dilbeck: You don't know what you're missing. I've got it all over....
I have to stop coming here    Those Harrison NST are so fine..   Media Hound wear the jeans a bit first and do some wash then hit the tailor - once those are hemmed a tad they will drape well enough to not have to take them in a smidge. 
  good morning - today I will try my first fit of the Hampton last on these color 8 caps. A larger toe box than I was expecting. If the guy who sold these is on the thread "thank you" the shine right out of the box is a very high quality hide. Unlike the plain toes I bought off www and must have been very low grade and black and never keep a shine for long. I was resistant enough about pairing a plain toe derby with a suit, but then to get such a blah finish to them...
  OK the MTO being talked of has similarities to this Alden for Jcrew boot so. ie crepe snuff brass eyelets speedhooks plain toe is close to Indy welt?   As active as these threads are it seems Alden could PM the 20 or so regulars and offer some Color 4 boots for Christmas...     rumor is Mr Porter executives are getting color 4 boots and the site does not even carry Alden think of how many pair this sites people have sold