or Connect

Posts by Resistant

Never have. You may need to brush spots off (suede brush) the shoe from being against the other shoe in the box. The biggest risk of spraying is a change in color or cheap product that sits on top of the fiber. I have not seen that issue since the 80's and there is no telling what my neighbor sprayed on those.
    Swing dance to Hot Club of Cowtown with some wings on. Saddles work too..
  So the marlow size 8.5 is very much an Alden Hampton last - which is narrower than Barrie with a similar toe box that is just a bit trimmer on each side. Since they are bluchers the top arch gets extra room and that arch is just as tight as my Hampton last balmoral cap toes when first out of the box. The length along the bottom soul 1/8 longer than a size 8 Barrie balmoral and width is a hard call soul to soul. One shoe is a bit tighter and mostly along the top arch...
    Here is an example of cigar shell on Hampton last with natural edge trim double soul. Not a bad impersonation and on sale, so I popped to hold me over until my pre-order ships.    Life only feels normal with an Alden pre-order to wait for. I could survive waiting for unicorn cap boots, just get ten other pair while I wait and wait...
  Very fine practice in my opinion. Out of the box they have no nap so break them in, get them dirty. Then brush, saphire wash, dry, brush up a nap, add treatment, edge trim - now it;s better than new. I watched my grandmother remove a stain on some suede shoes using the white vinegar trick - a nice all natural fix. I would guess my Alden suede is pre-treated do to how well they hold-up in winter weather, but the wash will remove the treatment and keep a matte shine when...
Tons of stretch to be expected from unlined shoes, with the exception of shell which opens up from compression of the footbed and the most minimum give to the leather. 
  This is all the shell I have for now. Still looking.  I never polished the Cigar caps which have a mild differentiation in color. Lets say I do and try to even the vamp color. Will I be able to apply reno to remove the wax and have it looks as before, or does polish permanently darken shell?  Thank you 
The new pair are Barrie last, it is the old pair which have Trubalance last.
Valuation should be about 30% off,  if just hardly used, since you can hold out for new at a major retailer and save 15 - 20% on sale at say Brooks Brothers and  + 5- 8 %  tax at check out. As always it depends on the rarity of the shoe and will you find your size and proper fit then. I popped on the plain toe cordovan on E-bay because the pics were legit and the fit was perfect, also a nice seller who was trying to get into a different pair as he tried to move past...