Posts by thejoker

beautiful
Just received my three ties. My first order. I think they look lovely. Grey wool, with blue flecks, blue cashmere, burgundy hopsack. Am very happy with them. A lovely bloke  to do business with. 
I can get a good finish even with Kiwi. Was taught well by my dad though (who still swears by kiwi polish and has a glass like finish on his shoes). Might bet a nice idea to visit a veterans hospital/home and see if one of the vets will pass on his knowledge. Might make a new friend into the bargain
looks like a nice outfit to me. I often wear my cashmere and cashmere/silk jumpers with jeans
getting a good finish is a bit of an art and its best if you can get someone to show you the basics. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy to get a lovely shine
Bamboo
I have been invited to a wedding and the Navy Blue suit i intended to wear will not be ready in time. That only leaves me with a black suit. I know this is not great, however, if i do go with it, what would be a good shirt/tie combination?    It is a relatively modern Hugo Boss suit, bought before i knew better! all advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you
I have been invited to a wedding and the navy suit i had planned on wearing will not be ready in time. That only leaves me with a black suit in my wardrobe (a fairly modern Hugo Boss one. I will try and attach a picture below).   So, I know that a black suit is not great, however if i do go with it, could you please recommend a shirt and tie combination that might work.    all advice would be greatly appreciated
Forest green
+ 1 re buttons on a shirt