or Connect

Posts by taint it sweet

Sorry if this has been posted before...this search function only pulls up stuff from years ago.  I'm looking to get a new pair of boots. I prefer 8" boots, but I'm not opposed to nice 4" or 12" either.  For reference, the boots need to be casual, but not too much like a work boot.  I've usually found styles I like among Frye and John Varvatos...  I was wondering if anybody can comment on the quality of these and/or offer better alternatives.  Thanks in advance.
Glad I saw this...I'm thinking about some of their boots
That sucks... it looks like they only have a couple options available.  Maybe I'll look into another brand...not sure if I trust the China models.  Anybody have any experience with them?
I'm looking at getting another pair of Doc Martens... I haven't had a pair in years.  I'm hoping I can get a pair Made in England... Are all the newer ones from China?
 I need to find those
I've tried the molded insoles from the podiatrist with minimal success.  It's frustrating.
I've been looking for a comfortable pair of shoes.  I bought Red Wings based on the high praise here...the lack of a breathable toe box caused my feet to be on fire for my entire work day.  I hate them.  Anyway, I'm a barber, so I need something that will give me support all day while being comfortable at the same time.  They need to be breathable and have a decent arch support. I don't care what they look like, I'm only going for comfort.  Any suggestions would be...
I've been having terrible luck with tennis shoes/cross trainers.  I don't know much about the lunarlon sole...  I know a lot of their shoes have shock absorption, but I'm not sure about comfort for standing in one place all day.
I considered that.  I'm not sure about a quality insole...I've never had good luck with any insole for longer than 8 months.  I find most of their shoes ugly, but I'm not overly concerned with that at the moment.  Comfort is my biggest concern.  Not to mention, as cool as the Iron Ranger looks, I'm not sure how good it would look while cutting hair...
I'm thinking about getting a pair of the regular shoes..possibly from the Worx line.  Does anybody have any experience with these?  I think they're ugly, but I need something that I can stand in all day in one spot.  I'm a barber and I can't find good shoes to make my feet feel better for longer than a few months at a time.