or Connect

Posts by taint it sweet

Thanks.  I'm very ignorant when it comes to the type of leather that would be best.  Sole should be able to keep me from dying on snow,etc.  I actually like the functionality of the commando sole you mentioned on the Brooks Brothers model, but I don't really like the look of it. My budget would be probably anything under $500.  
I'm looking for a casual boot (can be rugged as well) with a cap toe.  I'm open to any brand.  I like the look of the Iron Ranger and Frye Logan, but I'm not sure if there are more options out there that I'm missing.  Thanks.
Yeah, I think the Vibram soles would be good for traction (Brooks Brothers version), but I don't really like that chunky of a sole on the boot.
I like the 8111 look, but I need a sole that can keep me from slipping in the ice/snow.
What are the ones on the far left?
Those look awesome.  Are the soles slippery on water/snow?
Thanks.  I don't think I have extremely wide feet, but I have had to go wider on some shoes in the past, so I might want to just to be safe.
The Brooks Brothers Iron Ranger looks great.  I've seen some complaints about the soles of some of the other ones on Zappos being terrible in the snow.  I'd like to wear these all year, so that may be a concern.
Ok. I'll have to go try some on.
The lounge pants seem like they'd be nice around the house, but does anybody here wear them out and about? If so, what do you wear them with?