or Connect

Posts by f1fan

For sale is a pair of brand new Allen Edmonds Kenilworth shoes. Color is "dark burnished brown" and size is 9E. They have only been tried on in the house and are in perfect shape, as you can see in the pictures. $200 shipped anywhere in CONUS. Thanks for looking!
For sale is a like new Filson 257 computer briefcase in Otter Green. It has only been used a few times and has no markings or wear marks whatsoever. I would be happy to provide pictures upon request, but it looks exactly like the pictures available on the Filson website. I will also throw in a almost full can of Blackrock Leather n' Rich leather conditioner that works great on the bridle leather. $200 + shipping in CONUS, I will take care of the paypal fees. Please let...
I think I may want to get one of those navy 256s. If anyone wants my practically brand new green 257 let me know. I would let it go for around 200.
I am having some issues with the kenilworths. I purchased a pair of factory seconds That were great, except for that the left foot bed felt as if there was a hard lump, or ridge under the ball of my foot. I spoke with the sale representative, who advised me to wear the shoe for a week to see if the cork molded to my foot. About a week passed, but there was no change and the shoe was still extremely uncomfortable.The store was great, and took back the worn shoes and sent...
I am trying to decide between the Henry Tomkins "Briefcase Lite"  http://www.htleather.co.uk/briefcases/the-briefcase-lite   and the Joseph Marcellino "Honen" http://jpmarcellino.com/m/index.php/modern-business-bags/honen-modern-business-bag/honen-450.html. I know the HT bag has gotten some love on here, buy what about the Marcellino bag? Could it really be worth twice as much? The extra 300 for the Marcellino bag is not that big of a deal if the bag is of demonstrably...
I got a factory second brooks brothers AE strand a few ago, but I am having difficulty with the fit. I am a 9.5D in the normal AE Strand, but the BB version has a squishy, foam insole (made out of a material called poron I think) that raises my foot ever so slightly, especially the top of my arch.  This makes it difficult to tightly tie the shoe. Even when I tightly tie the shoe, my heel slips when I walk. I simply think my foot needs to sit slightly "lower" in the shoe,...
I got a factory second brooks brothers AE strand a few ago, but I am having difficulty with the fit. I am a 9.5D in the normal AE Strand, but the BB version has a squishy, foam insole (made out of a material called poron I think) that raises my foot ever so slightly, especially the top of my arch. This makes it difficult to tightly tie the shoe. Even when I tightly tie the shoe, my heel slips when I walk. I simply think my foot needs to sit slightly "lower" in the shoe,...
I got a factory second brooks brothers AE strand a few ago, but I am having difficulty with the fit. I am a 9.5D in the normal AE Strand, but the BB version has a squishy, foam insole (made out of a material called poron I think) that raises my foot ever so slightly, especially the top of my arch.  This makes it difficult to tightly tie the shoe. Even when I tightly tie the shoe, my heel slips when I walk. I simply think my foot needs to sit slightly "lower" in the shoe,...
I am completely torn between the small duffle and the medium travel bag for weekend/carry-on purposes.  Can anyone offer any opinions on these two bags?
I just got my first pair of AEs - Brooks Brothers walnut strand. While I understand that, as factory seconds, they will have some cosmetic blemishes, I am concerned about the streaking that appears on the toe cap of each shoe and the cracks in the leather. Is this the normal type of blemish one should expect from a factory second? Should I try to get a different pair, or just live with it? Would the AE walnut polish work to cover it up at all? Thanks!