or Connect

Posts by dman34

I actually researched a tailor to go to in my city on this forum and this gentleman came highly recommended.   I realize that I am not an "easy" fit and after tying to find stuff off the rack, in my layman's eyes everything fit OK.   One thing about the jackets - as you can see I have a bigger build, I was hoping they would make me appear slimmer but they don't at all.  The arms seem loose and the shoulder area bulky.   What adjustments, if any,  can a proficient...
 Hahaha, please tell me how you really feel.    Some constructive criticism would be appreciated so I don't make the same mistakes next time....
Bump:)
Last year I finally got some custom clothing made as with my build I have a really tough time finding stuff off the rack that fits me well.    Since I have a bigger chest and larger shoulders (former football player), I asked my tailor to create the shoulders as natural and soft as possible with minimal padding and roping.  I still feel the jackets are a little boxy in the shoulders for my liking - but maybe that's just me.  I was hoping to get some feedback on my pics...
Thanks for the reply Claghorn.   The lapels on all of my jackets are 3.5, I will stick with that :)   I have not seen examples of my tailors unstructured jackets unfortunately.  Am I really treading on thin ice asking him for this?  I guess I'm really looking for a jacket that's bit more casual.   I run my business online and from the home so I rarely get a chance to wear my dressier clothes - weddings, funerals, the occasional party that calls for a suit or blazer,...
Last year when I got married I decided I'd visit a tailor and have a custom navy suit and a few shirts made.   I'm a drop 10 so unfortunately custom was my only option to ensure things fit properly. This was the beginning of my formerly non-existent dressier wardrobe and since then it's become a bit habit forming.   I've now added a navy light wool two button blazer, beige herringbone wool two button sport coat, a pair of light grey wool pants, a pair of charcoal wool...
That certainly helps.  Thanks a lot. If I remember correctly they are a cotton twill.  What's the difference between a twill and a plain weave?
Well I take them to the "dry-cleaners".  To be honest, I have no idea how they are cleaned and I should probably look into that.  Quite possibly they are "laundered" as you say.    And no..... my shirts aren't cut too close.     I just find that I have a couple gingham pattern shirts that hardly crease at all (probably both the same cotton). They're also easy to iron myself if need be.  The others in my wardrobe seem to crease like crazy.  I found this to be the case...
Recently I've started having a tailor construct my dress shirts instead of buying off the rack.  The fit is great but I seem to be having a hard time picking fabrics that don't crease.   Which cotton fabrics are lower maintenance and don't crease as much? Are there any that should be avoided?   I also on occasion and if circumstance allow, like to wear a shirt twice before taking it for a dry-clean and would like to be able to give it an iron before wearing it again....
Haha, thanks guys. I was leaning towards flaps so I'll stick to that.  What about buttons?  Would brown buttons look out of place or should I stick with grey. I prefer wearing brown shoes and thought this may help tie things in a little better.