or Connect

Posts by dman34

That certainly helps.  Thanks a lot. If I remember correctly they are a cotton twill.  What's the difference between a twill and a plain weave?
Well I take them to the "dry-cleaners".  To be honest, I have no idea how they are cleaned and I should probably look into that.  Quite possibly they are "laundered" as you say.    And no..... my shirts aren't cut too close.     I just find that I have a couple gingham pattern shirts that hardly crease at all (probably both the same cotton). They're also easy to iron myself if need be.  The others in my wardrobe seem to crease like crazy.  I found this to be the case...
Recently I've started having a tailor construct my dress shirts instead of buying off the rack.  The fit is great but I seem to be having a hard time picking fabrics that don't crease.   Which cotton fabrics are lower maintenance and don't crease as much? Are there any that should be avoided?   I also on occasion and if circumstance allow, like to wear a shirt twice before taking it for a dry-clean and would like to be able to give it an iron before wearing it again....
Haha, thanks guys. I was leaning towards flaps so I'll stick to that.  What about buttons?  Would brown buttons look out of place or should I stick with grey. I prefer wearing brown shoes and thought this may help tie things in a little better.
So I'm having a medium grey, two button, single breasted sport coat made for me and was hoping for a little input.   What generally is preferable on this type of jacket - flap pockets or patch pockets? Or is it really just a matter of personal preference?     What type of buttons should I request?  Thanks for the input.
Requirements:   Looking for a nice balance of quality and feel.  Formal look. Something that will keep me cool, Not opaque - would prefer not to wear an undershirt. Wrinkle resistant Planning on spread collar.   I'm getting a tailor to make these for my upcoming summer wedding.  It's a late afternoon ceremony and temperatures will probably be in the 30C/85F range.  Unfortunately I tend to sweat a fair bit so definitely looking for a cool fabric.  It may even be a...
I doubt that coordinating pocket squares at my wedding will make my groomsmen look like they are on their way to school.   All their suits are different, and despite all being grey will allow them to "reflect their own personalities". All their ties will be different too.  We aren't trying to match, that's why I completely avoided the rental route which looks awful, but some degree of coordination to appease my bride to be isn't the worst idea in the world. Point taken...
Thanks guys,  I've just never seen a grey suit, navy/white ties, blush pocket square combination before so it's a bit tough to envision.  It won't look strange with it not matching with any color on the shirt or tie?   I also like the idea of myself sticking with white the white pocket square to match my bride.
Bumpity bump:)
I have my groomsmen all wearing their own grey suits in different shads/patterns obvious, white shirt, and black shoes. I am purchasing them each a tie and pocket square as a gift.  The ties are in navy/white and are all of different but suitable wedding patterns (houndstooth, shepherds check, pin dot, stripe)   I am in a navy suit, white shirt, black shoes and Kent Want's black and white glen plaid tie.   My question is about the pocket squares:   Would it look...