or Connect

Posts by JFetter

I could be wrong, but that first one doesn't look like oiled horse.  The ones I've seen are extremely smooth and grain free. But I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. My preference was for the oiled horse.
 Wow those are beautiful.What is the appeal to the perfectly spotless white shoes posted after this image?Do they break in and look similar to these after a year or so?
They are size 45 (fit like 46).    These are my first baller footwear, and I'm so happy that the sizing worked out perfect.  I'm a 12US, and now I know I'm size 46 in EU.
Oh, so the main part of the sole needs shaved down too, and not just the heel? And there are probably different thicknesses of vibram available. 
psydle -  Thanks for the tips on pants!  I'm researching now.    bdude - Thanks man!  What are your concerns with using a cobbler who hasn't done these types of boots before?  Are there certain things they could do wrong, or just bad craftsmanship?  Would anything they do not be fixable by a good cobbler?   I keep going back and forth on whether I want to do them local, or send to Jesse in CA.  Local would save me a ton of time and $$, and if the guy does a good job...
Regarding Vibram,   I think I will try my local cobbler, if he seems competent when I meet him.   What in the way of special "instructions" can I give him?   Such as: - Don't do anything to the boot, like polish   - Add thin layer of rubber to the front of boot (right over leather sole)   - Add thick rubber heel, after removing first leather heel section.  (can this leather sole be kept for future use?)   - Don't add heel taps (I'm not sure what they do and if...
A1923 Double Zips.   Horse oil, and buffalo.   I like the buffalo a whole lot more than I thought I would.  The toe is slightly more pointed than this season's horse oil, and the dark color and grain really make it a beautiful boot. Of course, nothing needs to be said about the horse oil.    These boots are so great.    My biggest problem is all my denim is bootcut, which looks terrible with this style of boot.  Pants, here I come...      
Thanks for all your replies:   Oops, got my acronyms mixed up.  First picture is IE (not IS) from hide[m] I believe.     uzairh:  I normally wear waist 31, with length 34-36 depending on brand.     t3hg0suazn:  Appreciate the detailed reply!  Don't know if I can try on a lot of these pants in stores, as I'm far away from big cities like NY.  Closest cities I have are Cleveland or Columbus.     sinnedk:  Good advice.  I agree 500 seems a stretch for me also, to...
To clarify further:   IS (EDIT:  actually IE pants) that I think are perfection.  Wish I could see the rest of them.     Two images that I like a lot.  Note the slim fit.  
Preferably up to $500, but a few years ago that was my limit for boots too.  Things have a way of changing.   My PBJ denim was a leap for me back when I got them for just over $300.  Now I'm already being desensitized to $500 for pants I haven't even bought yet.  Ha.   I guess what I'm after is to understand the "history" behind some of these pants.  (hand made?/ materials/ fit/ etc)What makes these brands some of the best?  Why should I spend 5x the money of items I could...