or Connect

Posts by waldenbags

Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll I'm looking for something that's clear and concise that I can use to learn all of the stuff that I ignored in school. I want to learn about clauses and shit like that. I may even be willing to diagram a few sentences. Any recommendations? Swan's _Practical English Usage_ is a good user-friendly reference for both native and non-native users of English. Reference works by Randolph Quirk (_A Comprehensive...
I second the Champion and would suggest getting the commercial version with the more powerful motor, so you can throw hard vegetables, like carrots, at it without first cutting them into small pieces, which is what must be done with some of the more popular and slower juicers. The Champion can also take a grain mill attachment. I heard from someone at the company about a year ago that they had a wheatgrass attachment in the works. Haven't seen it yet. While the...
I like to keep things simple with a Champion juicer for carrots, apples, and kale.
That bag has the construction value that should be in the Varvatos bag discussed elsewhere.
Glaser Designs makes some beautifully engineered bags, worth every penny. I'm not over the top about their overall style but I absolutely love and am inspired by their devotion to craftsmanship. You can see by pictures alone how they obsess over design moves. Many very good pictures of those bags are available around here. Swaine Adeney Brigg, while maybe a bit overpriced are still much more worth the money than are leather bags by Varvatos. For example, take a...
Though you can never assess quality completely without being able to examine the bag physically, you can often see cheapness in pictures. There are a few things about this bag that send up red flags. This is a bag being sold for $1200. If it's really worth that much, it should hold up to close examination, even basic scrutiny. 1. Cheap hardware is a tell-tale sign. The buckle on that bag looks to be made of antique plated pot metal or some other cheap metal. I'm...
The real value of those Varvatos bags should be in the $160 to $200 range. Even those Cutter & Buck bags appear to have a higher construction value. I still don't get how marketing can get $1200 for a $200 item. It makes me wonder if the real function of higher education, a major contributing factor that would allow for a high purchase price, is not the honing of discernment, judgment, perception, critique, and insight, but the cultivation of extremely well trained and...
The Cucinelli has a much better and more rugged vegetable tanned leather,and its quality of construction is much better than that of the Varvatos. Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving I agree. The average person would think the Varvatos is "cooler" The Cucinelli looks like something that could ALMOST be mistaken for a 1978 $3 garage sale handbag or a bag found at Target or Walmart. That would never happen with the overpriced...
All those Varvatos bags have very cheap hardware. If it doesn't have solid brass or similar, walk away. "Antique 'Finished'" is code for crap.
I'm sure they were thinking about a lighter alternative to an all-leather bag.