or Connect

Posts by Ilovelobbs

NORE - fascinating statement...feel free to start anywhere.   I am keen to expand on the above list and have a constructive conversation in a creative manner. I am happy to back my list based on insight, experience, knowledge and ownership of ALL the above shoes.     Here's addition to my list. Aesthetically - Berluti's Value for Money - Vass Overall personal favourite - Lobb  
Thank you all - they are fitting in nicely today with my navy pinstripe.
2 quotes to give you the bare maximum in life...   “It is easier to do many things than to do one thing continuously for a long time.” Marcus Fabius Quintilian Quotes   “My philosophy? Simplicity plus variety.” Hank Stram Quotes
I have a soft spot for C&J's - they were my first ever quality grade shoes - I still have them after 10+ years of service...   What do you wish me to compare? Prices; Construction; Leather; Types of buyer...
Thank you all - be alot sweeter if my horse come in :)
Depends on the gap of the V during initiation stage - was it over 1cm and now it's touching or even overlapping after several months of breaking into them. Just means you're breaking into them very well..   But there have been misunderstanding in the past with Vass sizing, because they use the hyphen symbol ( - ) to indicate half sizes.    44.5 = 44- 44 = 44 43.5 = 43-  43 = 43 42.5 = 42- 42 = 42   Some try on a 43-  thinking they are trying on a size 43, where in fact...
Everything relative and comes at a price.   Vass offers the best quality for the prices being charged. God forbid Hermes/LVHM/Prada keeps away from this brand - otherwise you can kiss goodbye to the prices and say hello to machines and plastic and more patent plastic leather.  
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince     C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of sleek and stunning last.
Vass French Calf is superior than EG and GG crust-state or what ever leather state they came in.  The finishing of Vass French calf requires no messing around with burnishing or fancy patina. It they had the time, then aesthetically Vass would touch another level.  Honestly, some of EG patina and burnishing is a joke nowadays, its a few finger dabble on the toe cap - it looks so high volumn to a point of hitting Church low standard.   The Vass calf doesn't lose its deep...
If GG; EG; C&J Benchgrade; SCrispin; Lobb Prestige and Vass were the same price point - superiority in terms of:   Construction 1) Vass 2) SC & Lobb Prestige 3) EG & GG 4) C&J's   Leather Grade 1) Lobb Prestige 2) Vass 3) SC & GG 4) EG 5) C&J's   Refinement 1) Lobb Prestige 2) SC/GG 3) Vass/EG 4) C&J's   Aesthetic Personal Taste.