or Connect

Posts by Vicious49

8.5D and 9D were pretty weak as well. The only thing that I'd find remotely interesting are these chukkas on the Barrie last but now that I'm in Texas, don't think I'll be wearing much of anything that is lined or could make my feet sweat even more. 
It's the whole 'I can't have it so now I want it even more' mentality. If it was readily available it wouldn't be very popular.
 Us 8.5D'ers are more single minded and determined. Of course I didn't buy one, but that's besides the point. :P
Good luck with the auction. I added it to my watch list just to see how high it goes.I haven't even been in the game very long and already have 1 foot out the door. The chase for their shoes is crazy and the way they drive up demand by limiting supply is very annoying. Add I don't even want any of the shell shoes. As soon as I get my stuff out of storage in 3-4 months I'll most likely be listing my color 8 4060HC I picked up from DC and only ended up wearing twice.
Man you guys move fast! I don't check for a day and I've missed pages of posts.   Not Alden related but someone had asked me to post a pic of my watch when it came in. Yes, I could have bought about 5 pairs of shells instead but I guess watches are a bigger weakness of mine. Plus they take up much less space than shoes. :P   I already took it off the metal bracelet. I tried getting a few pics that would show off the curvature of the hesalite crystal.   
I'm guessing he means the people have changed. Now it's never people with maybe less knowledge, etc. different personalities. I've been on other forums where it was like that. People moved on or matured over the years so it just wasn't the same.
 I was going to post pics once it arrives and I decide that I am going to keep it - Omega Speedmaster pro. I had no intentions of buying one but thought the deal was too good to pass up and I am an Omega fan. For some reason their watches appeal to me more than any other brand.
All that talk yesterday about not spending money and being financially responsible and then I go and do this. Ugh. I am ashamed of myself. No, it wasn't a shoe but my other weakness and one that is much more expensive that led to my downfall - watches. 
 Yeah, I was never very good at that so I'm learning now. It's not so much that we have to save every extra penny we earn as much as don't waste money on luxury items. If I 'needed' a pair of shoes, sure I'd buy them. But no one needs a $700 pair of shoes, especially when you already own over 20 pairs of shoes. I can't really say much to her about it because she doesn't buy any luxury items. She's the opposite of most women in that she doesn't want expensive shoes or...
 I was right there with you . . . until I got married. Before then, I would buy what I wanted, when I wanted, and deal with the consequences later. I've been married for over 18 months now and I've slowly been trying to tone it down since my actions now affect someone else as well. It wasn't until the new home that it really opened my eyes and got me to actually follow through on it though.