or Connect

Posts by dl20

Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto I been away from my family for about a year. They must be counting the days til your return dl
When I was 3-4 yo I rolled out of my twin bed onto the floor. I then rolled under the bed later on that night. In the AM my parents saw the empty bed and thought I was kidnapped. I think I also opened the window through the course of the night or something which freaked them out further. I think I woke up an hour later and was like WTF haha Afterwards my father bought hospital bed rails and screwed them to the frame. dl
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto And what exactly is your purpose? Work? If you're only current purpose of being right now is to work you're pretty much soulless. You can't stand living there because other then income you're too lazy to find a purpose that will help you grow as a person. FIND A PURPOSE! Use the solitude (Lack of family/friend) and learn something. You can also do Self-Retrospection a lot more clearly in this kind of environment....
I get where you are coming from. 2 months after I got married I was summoned to Lancaster PA to do a 15 mo internship for my doctorate. I spent 8 yrs in grad school so I pretty much had to go. Sucks living in the sticks though, alone, in my studio, surrounded by rednecks. 4mo and counting. dl
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Each to his own ... I can't imagine buying a watch without looking inside. I can't imagine owning a watch for a year before I completely disassemble it and put it back together. I wouldnt think others follow this philosophy but would be interested to know if I am in the minority. Good for you though to be able to do so. I'm just getting stated learning watchmaking as a hobby. Breaking down and...
The only shoes uglier than these are the flipper/duckbill shoes that mrspiffy wears. mark Nasons? dl
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Then perhaps you might consider the fact that the inspected watch (brand new) had abundant machining residue left inside. Perhaps decoration is superfluous to you ... but an abrasive left in a watch would be of concern to me. I'd be surprised to find abrasive elements in the movement but again, as I said, I haven't removed the caseback and probably wont until necessary. dl
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS I'm generalizing ... but I'm not. How does the decoration of your Rolex movement compare to that found in a watch by Jaeger LeCoultre or Patek Philippe? Have you made such a comparison? As I noted ... I haven't looked inside a Rolex in ten years or more ... but ten years ago ... the decoration of the Rolex movements I saw was astonishingly lacking. It was not a watch that I would consider to be first or even second...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma You. +1 logic fail buddy dl
spot dl