Posts by Exdeath

The Kermit is nice, but the Hulk can look like a Kermit from time to time due to the sunburst dial having a ton of contrast in different angles / lighting conditions. The Kermit can never pull off the depth of the dial in the Hulk, though. The way Rolex does its sunburst dials is really nice - you can't really make out the individual 'rays' radiating from the centre the way you can on other brands like IWC, and as a result it's less 'bursty' and more 'smokey' FWIW.My other...
Loving my most recent acquisition. There are many like it but this one's mine (edited to remove serial # - that rehaut engraving sure is crisp)
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-castagna-longwing-boot Beautiful pair of norvegese-stitch longwing boots from Bonafe in chestnut Castagna Betis calfskin. These are really sharp on the chiseled 946 last - I just haven't had the time to wear them at all so I'm letting them go to someone who can get more use out of them. Only tried on to check size, leather soles have virtually no wear - will come with box and bags. Price includes...
MC Ride (from Death Grips) just bought my A1923s. Holy shit. (ed: whoops, missed the separate footwear thread. haven't been lurking here that much lately)
As a current owner of one (for now, lol), it's pretty versatile. It wears smaller than its dimensions would make you think, closer to an older 44mm PAM - and definitely feels way smaller than a Deepsea or any other bulky sport watch. You can pull it off fairly dressily with the polished case.TBH diameter isn't as important as thickness. Anything over 17-18mm is a dealbreaker for me, but I can go up to 47mm PAMs and above easily if it's relatively flat.
Far as I can tell for asian gray dealers, there's a slight premium for BLNR/Hulk ($7.7-8k USD) and an utterly massive one ($16k+ USD) for the new Daytona. People are already starting to sell the 116520 at ridiculously inflated prices.
Bought the Bonafe Castagna longwing boots during the sale, but haven't really got a chance to post about them until now. Is there any way to remove the laces with leather tabs, short of cutting them off? They've been laced in a shoe shop pattern which is really unflattering, and makes it really difficult to get the boots on or off since there's a very limited amount of room even when the laces are fully loosened. With those tabs it's impossible to even unlace them from...
I prefer the newer one with the gothic-style applique numerals. Better lume - the gap at the 9 on the dial is a bit of a pain, though
I think the concern is more that IWC is heavily discounting so many of their models straight out the door (a sign that sales aren't exactly very good in the current economic climate) that he's not sure whether they'll hold in value afterwards. I had a beautiful Spitfire chrono with the 89361 in-house movement that I got at 50% off RRP brand new, and struggled to offload it at anything close to that...
Thanks! It really is - I've been gassing for another grail recently though, so I'll have to let the FF go to fund it it's a shame, wish I could keep both but times are hard haha