or Connect

Posts by what whale

First pair of Alden shell (975s) which are a true "workhorse" shoe for me. I prefer the look of shell with some age, have worn these in all climates (including A NE winter) for the last year. Dig the rolls and lightening of the shell. Just iPhone pics, sorry.
Anyone with experience re Rancourt's "Carolina Brown" CXL leather? Looking for a CXL belt to match my brown CXL LWB'—is their Carolina Brown the ticket? http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/chromexcel-belt.html I'm aware Epaulet sells these too but I like the 1.5" of Rancourt. Thanks in advance!
^nice, where from? @readymade
A little tlc for my 975s.
Still not sure why color 8 is called "King"?
Guys question on resoling: thinking of having my 975s resoled to mirror the Leffot color 8 LWB. Because I'm a shoe terminology newb, how should I communicate what I want to an Nelson: "resole with Alden like "antique" edge with double leather & Dainite sole." Does that communicate it correctly? (I realize the leffot lwb doesn't have Dainite.) Thanks guys!!!
What do people make of Saphir edge dressing? I have my first pair of shell (975) and want to do some touching up. What a pair of shoes, incidentally. At first I really wanted the antique trim a la Leffot but the black has totally won me over. Wore them last week with a three piece navy suit, this with jeans and an army green wool/cashmere topcoat from JCrew. Unstoppable with almost anything. Cheers, ww
Thanks Mike Mike
MikeMike,Is B Nelson doing this work for you? I'm loving my new-ish 975's but when resole time does come I'm considering going a) antique edge and b) maybe, possibly some brass.Cheers,ww
Thanks as ever, Mike! Have a great weekend.