or Connect

Posts by TomW

Quote: It's crazy that given the astheticaly pleasing look of side vents, one cannot find a suit of this nature in America for under $1000. Also, side vents do not look good on everyone. One of my friends has a huge ass, and the flap in the back sticks out when he wears side vents. It looks REALLY funny. Finding suits with side vents for little money is fairly easy, I just bought 2 HSM Gold Trumpeter suits with side vents at Nordstrom's...
I too must disagree with FIHTies. I have 2 Zegna sport coats that have drop information listed. I've found this to be true of most of the higher end of the spectrum. I figure it's there to let you know how a jacket is constucted - Bigger, Regular, or Slimmer.
My top 12: In order: Robert Talbott La Sartoria Zegna Isaia 7 fold Isaia 7 fold Nautica - hey, it was only $1 in a thrift store. Kiton 7 fold Zegna Robert Talbott 7 fold Zegna Kiton 7 fold Zegna
My preferences in order are: Side vents - my overwhelming favorite No vent Center vent - deals too good to pass up... the older I get, the more I refuse to buy anything not tailored with side vents.
Quote: If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) HDTV was partially made to enhance the performance of Laserdiscs, but since that particular media came and went as fast as Betamax, HDTV was then adopted to more conventional broadcasts, like cable and satellite transmissions. Jon. Laserdisc lasted significantly longer than Betamax. Laserdiscs were introduced in 1978 or 79 and were continually manufactured until 2002 and only died due to the...
Worked for me today...
Take them to a cobbler, he won't charge much to add a reinforced eyelet, and you won't risk ruining the shoe.
Raley, I have to disagree with johnnynorman, I'm going to say 38R, I too am just over 6' and weigh a bit more ( ok, 50# more) than you, have a slightly shorter inseam at 32" (so have a proportionally longer torso, unless you have an unusually long neck) and wear a 43R and always need to have the sleeves shortened about 2". With the measurements you gave, a R fit should hit you just perfectly - if it just covers your backside, you're in business - but the sleeves on a 38...
Looks pretty good. Thank God you talked him down from the folly of duck billed square toes ..
Quote: Quote: (dorian @ 23 July 2004, 11:19) obnoxious. humility is a quality one ought to have acquired either while being brought up in or while creating wealth. why not just say, "i'll try that now." (sorry, j, steve ) People in England do not have a superiority complex. I do realise that Americans do, after all, that is what their country is about - escaping from the British hieratical social standing system. I obviously did not...