or Connect

Posts by TomW

I'd exchange the wife...
The most expensive are by St. Andrews, the only slightly obscenely expensive are by Cantarelli. Based on price, these are Cantarelli. Though the more I look at them, they may even be by a lesser maker.
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy Hopefully that wasn't me Harry.... Not to worry Andrew, it was me. Though I hardly gloated, nor did I wipe out the selection as I purchased less than a quarter of the available sale shoes. For that matter I didn't even obtain all the selections I requested. For years I was the one left holding the bag and I happened to be awake when the list arrived and called immediately. I do have a love for EG monks and...
Quote: Originally Posted by eric glennie If I was such a flake, then explain to me why my threads have been some of the most popular reading in the history of AAAC, styleforum, and Purseblog. I believe I have touched a nerve with the readers. If I was such a flake, then the readers would not reply and the threads would fall into cyber oblivion. the reader are looking at what I am saying and what the others are saying. The numbers of hits and...
all in bags, in the box, clearly labeled and ready to go.
7:1 - and I don't remember the last time I actually wore one of the few derbies. Now if we count Monks as a Derby... then it's close to 1:1
If I'm wearing a suit.. then I'm wearing braces At all other times, a belt
Quote: Originally Posted by mr monty Just don't expect to find that kind of merchandise when you visit one of their outlet centers. The outlet stores are mountain sports outfitters only. My experience has been quite different. I've often found ISAIA, Coneliani, and others in their store in Reno, Nevada. I've also purchased Mantellessi, Polo and AE there... It is hit or miss though, and the web site is most consistent, but the retail...
BTW - Just for the general education of the forum - the duty on shoes imported from the EU to the US (any manufactured leather good actually) is 7.9%. I got hit with it on my last Edward Green order. USPS is the most likely to avoid customs, however it's not guaranteed. They do check random packages and the higher the declared value or insurance will tend to increase the odds of you winning that lottery. Additionally, any item with a declared value over about $750 will be...
This thread was a true joy to read... simply delightful