or Connect

Posts by TomW

BS.. I regularly have it done with perfect results. Time to find a tailor that actually knows his trade. Now that you've posted pictures.. I'd send it back to Jeff and size down... it's too big in the chest and shoulders as others have noted.
I picked up the Vintage 2007's and Barker Black Crown loafers. Already have the Vale's, Tudor's and Brackley's from previous sale opportunities.
Quote: Originally Posted by eric glennie Its not Eurotrash, Its Eurotreasure.. Checkout this site and move thru the months and see that cutout fashion design is everywhere and the celebrities love it. http://www.thefashionpolice.net/2009/06/index.html Eric Glennie is the new equation others will follow and the photos prove this fact People have been loving cutout clothes done with taste and style for centuries... Norma Kamli made...
I have more EG (28 pair) than any of the others. However, I have several pair from each of the others and more.
the problem with a $100 dollar sewing machine is it's a $100 dollar sewing machine.. the parts are plastic, the stitch quality will be mediocre at best and it won't work well on anything heavier than a dress shirt. If you want to stay near $100... get a Janome for Kenmore model #15343 (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ame=Electronic) it's a much better machine and only $79 right now. As for how too's... I took apart thrift store finds to figure out how they were...
I do most of my own alterations. I do a much better job than all but the most expensive/experienced tailors in my area. It does take time and a good bit of practice to build the skills necessary. I practiced on thrift store finds until I mastered the techniques. It still takes me hours to alter a new jacket, but I can hem a pair of trousers in less than 15 minutes. I'd really suggest buying a better sewing machine than the CS6000i... you do get what you pay for in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by theorientalist What I am trying to raise, really is the question of evaluating the value of the labels popular to SF: when we look at a group of labels, say, Dolce & Gabanna, Fendi, Gucci, LVMH, Prada. we automatically think, overpriced rubbish. at the same time, another label sampling in the similar price range, Brioni, Rubinacci, Crockett & Jones, to use that example, Kiton, Huntsman, Church's, and Edward...
A true gentleman leaves the driving to his chauffeur, so that he might engage in stimulating dialog with his traveling companion.
hate Ricci, Brioni at discount can be quite a nice shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by remy185 It was me who posted that link to those boots the other day... but anyways, I was just looking at these RL ones, they're on sale now. These are made by Crockett and Jones right? I want to buy them, but I need a proxy because I'm in Toronto. (earlier I posted that I'm looking for one in the b&s forum)... The most certainly are NOT C&J. Clearly listed as made in Italy...