or Connect

Posts by striker

The same "issue" happens to Bonafe, EG, and G&G. And have seen it with StC too. That is no big deal TBH. Museum calf is also more prone to this than french box calf. I don't believe it is batch or quality problem.
That briefcase is a winner right there. Would you mind taking pictures of the interior when you get them?
I did not know that they have to be on the same last. Both are trickers, perhaps this is not the best thread to ask, I apologize for riding on Farhad's poor experience with a reseller.Your post seems to allude that I am a cheapskate but my purpose is just to minimize wastage, I prefer not to throw something away if it can still be used. Also, i am just keen to know this aspect of shoe repairs. I will check with Richard of shoehealer.Nonetheless, thank you for your reply....
Not to detract from the main issue here but I am genuinely curious if the dainite outsole can still be re-used on another pair of shoes or would the stitching and removal caused it be unusable on the next pair. The reason I am asking is I have a pair of shoes that is due for resole (i'd like them in dainite) and another new pair on a dainite sole that i would like removed and replaced with a commando sole. I would like to reuse the dainite on the old shoe.
Emails of all confirmed participants have now been submitted to Skoaktiebolaget.
Saphir has a boat load of products under their range. Lexol and Bick4 is widely available in the States and conditions very well without the "European premium". Saphir creams and polish are good but if not available, alternatives are not bad choices.Renovateur is not a pure conditioning product, it strips off old waxes so you can build it up again. There are conditioning agents in it but I don't get why it is being constantly pushed as the gold standard for conditioning...
They are also low maintenace, unlike girlfriends.
Elephant skin is great. Virtually indestructible, it is naturally a fire retardant also. If you're fighting bush fires, there is no better skin to use.
Hello wook,   We have now finalized the specs and it would be as follows: Model: Carmina Split Toe Last: Alcudia Last (Round, slightly almond toe that is perfect for a Split toe) Color: Marron Vegano (A shade of brown between mid and dark brown, the current batches of Museum brown have come up abit too dark) This color will take burnishing and antiquing well with polish and cream.  A reference to the color is provided...
Just a quick update folks and good news. (I cannot edit the OP due to the long time lapse).   Thanks to member lightseason,   we are now 6 and good to go!   Confirmed participants who have given me their emails. Rando Darknight55 Vlxvndr Hiver Chris.LF lightseason   No response yet aneuhauser esteban maxwu822   To give them some more time and to be fair to those who confirmed early on, I will close this on Thursday 16 July GMT1700. The emails, sizing (if...