or Connect

Posts by striker

There is a two pencil method that help to guide the creases in place. Not sure if it works on used shoes. But creases on the left and right shoe can be different and for many reasons. It is hard to say from your photos whether you were deliberately bending them to capture it on camera. One reason they crease differently is that your feet could be slightly of a different size. Also they may tend to crease more if you have low volume feet and the shoes have higher instep or...
The shoe with the braided laces and leather tips. How do you remove the laces for cleaning or replacement?
The only downside i know of is cost and wastage, some makers pass the cost over to you especially on a seamless wholecut, which takes more work. One shoemaker tells me it has to sit longer in a last but for reasons i do not know. I like them alot. FWIW, Vass has refused to make me a pair of unseen "seamless heel" so it is not available as an option on all their models.
The former would be close. It is a place in Mallorca and i understand that it is pronounced as so-ye in its Catalan form. The natives on this board can probably confirm.
I would not recommend that in this instance. This would be too worn and I would take DW advise on this. Also Shell looks really bad after wet conditions, although the waterproofing quality remains. I use topies because half the time i cannot find a good cobbler to resole my shoes without sending them back to the original shoemaker. There are better shoes to use for inclement weather. Topies work if the floor is slightly slippery but if it is a downpour or heavy snow they...
As far as I'm aware from their road shows, only bespoke shoes are handwelted. 
Dear DWF, I have respected your opinions greatly but will offer in my defense my personal experience otherwise.    I have had new shoes topied only to find that the shoe did not fit. Alot of times, a shoe's fit can only be determined when it has been worn a few times. Topying it new can be risky. Reselling topied shoes do not add value and it is hard to recover that cost. This is essentially money wasted.    My own experience has told me that not topying first makes it...
I think i can speak for some of you that there is no such thing as a versatile shoe. Every shoe serves a specific purpose. That is what i tell the wifey and it is how I can justify buying more shoes. A versatile shoe is an excuse for those who want to stop buying shoes. If for example you think that a Chukka gets you covered, you will never experience the joy of a chelsea boot so why would you deny yourself this privilege.
It is in fact preferable.
If I may add, it might sometimes be cheaper and faster to unload it in your country of residence and to buy another pair again considering the delays and the shipping. The discount you give when you list them can be less than 1/2 what you pay for the shipping and it will sell, especially for popular models, assuming the buyer is trustworthy.