or Connect

Posts by jssdc

I take the point that AE or Loake really represent the dividing line between acceptable and don't give a damn footwear. When I see someone wearing AE I know that they're at least paying attention. That said I think that there are certain style deficiencies - easy example is the 360 degree welt - that materially detract from the overall appearance of an outfit.
A note on the Westbourne: it's a lovely shoe, but I think that @Crat's have a custom color while @Cleav's are in dark brown rather than the standard Chestnut.  This makes these two pairs much more versatile.   I have C&J HG Chestnut (Selbournes), which is a bit different than BG but same general ballpark, and they can be hard to wear in conservative environments.  Just a bit too light I suppose.  I love them and I think that they're beautiful but I really only wear them...
Noodles if you're looking for two more pair that you can wear with suits, you may consider something in Oxblood from Vass or (for considerably more money than C&J or Vass) Rioja from G&G.  For the former NMWA could probably help you out with sizing and ordering.
^^^nice first post!!!   Do you have any other angles or comparison shots that you can share?
Not SOP but the result of things being lost or screwed up. My original order was placed in October. I waited 10 weeks since I figured they took time off for Christmas and followed up, it turns out my order was lost. Six weeks later it shipped, a week after that I got it and they were made in the wrong size. I ship them back (another week) and I'm guessing six weeks or so and they'll ship again, which would be ~25 weeks from original purchase date.Now to me this is not the...
Crockett and Jones is also a small business.  They have an interest in protecting their brand position, same as EG, GG, etc.  You've likely noticed a fair amount of consistency in the pricing of those brands as well, and for precisely the same reasons.  If consumers become accustomed to near-permanent discount, and if the level of those discounts is controlled by third parties, then you've lost pricing power and control over your brand.  Which for a high-end company means...
Why would anybody have a problem with any of this?  
  I imagine you're also not going to be visiting the Democratic People's Republic...although you could probably land some snappy military-inspired tailoring there...
Do I recall incorrectly from the car discussion earlier in this thread that you have a Maxima?The new picnic attack.Noodles: Sorry to pick on you in two consecutive quotes dude.
I don't know what their policy is but I wouldn't be surprised if its not rigorously monitored - Vass isn't exactly C&J when it comes to operational excellence.   And therein may be the upside of going through NMWA.  If your order is lost or screwed up I imagine they would act as an interface for you.  I've had both of these things happen to me in the going on six months now since I placed my order (and paid) and while Vass has been very friendly and pleasant to deal with...