or Connect

Posts by jssdc

Thanks for the reinforcement gents.  I think is the better choice but it's helpful to have the additional opinions.  Anyways I've waited for four months already so what's another 6 weeks.
Part true and part crap. There are plenty of badly dressed people in DC (a phenomenon that exists in other cities as well) but that in no way means that "nobody" will notice. There are loads of well-dressed people In DC, just as they are loads of badly-dressed ones in NYC.
Like RogerP, Reszo suggested doing a bit of wearing to determine fit, and was willing to exchange if they don't work. I went home and gave them a shot and am left struggling a bit. They certainly don't first badly, but the laces fully close right off the bat and there's a bit of heel slip. I'm concerned that this will get worse over time as the leather stretches. So maybe 42.5 would be better, but emotionally I want to stay with the 43 so that I can wear them tomorrow.
Gents, could use some GNA on a tux.  Thoughts on double-breasted?  I'm a bit concerned about looking costume-y in a DB but nonetheless like the look:     Context is for work events; I've gone 15 years since the last time I wore a tux but now have two black ties in the next three months...
 Exactly there's a 43 on the sole (and on the trees but I know those can be different than the shoes)  Right - first pair of Vass so I'm not positive from the get-go, and I really don't have a perfect size reference; C&J 337 8UK is slightly tight (but wearable), 358 8.5UK slightly loose but wearable, MH71 9UK the same....so pretty much 8.25UK for C&J and 8.75UK for G&G is where I land.  In that context U-last 43 could work but I don't want to bend and crease before hearing...
Well, got the full Vass experience in one go.Shoes arrived today and are fundamentally beautiful. Some details are not as nice as my G&Gs but much better than C&J HG for far less money. Really just beautiful shoes.On the flip side, they did take like four months to arrive (I ordere in October) and are the wrong size (i ordered 42.5 and these are 43). I really don't care about the wait but am trying to sort out what to do about the size. Trying them on they feel fine but...
My first Vass pair has entered the country!!!  Unfortunately I doubt I'll be at the office (where I'm having them delivered) until Wednesday or Thursday but who knows, maybe a special trip is in order...  
Some C&J SAs claim that there's a difference between BG and HG shoes and I can't tell if there is or not and I own several pairs of each. That said, the closure does seem to have a significant impact on 348/58 fitting for me. Basically, I feel like non-oxfords feel like they fit larger. I don't know if this is true or just feeling, but this may be what you're experiencing with the portmans. Fwiw I also own this shoe (Portman 3) and every time I wear it I feel like it's too...
Commando also has a tendency to pick up gravel and shit in the heel, which ridgeway does not.
unfortunately the fabric content is still obscured....