or Connect

Posts by jssdc

YES!!!!  I don't know why interchanging these terms irks me so much.  +1 
[[SPOILER]]  I have a suit in what I believe is the same fabric.  It does look good with black shoes but with browns as well  Listen to Murl here.  I posted a WAYWRN a couple of weeks ago (probably the second WAYWRN I've ever posted) with that fabric and the Oxblood Vass above  +1  I also own C&J in that color. They work fine but I think the Oxblood not only works better but is more versatile with other fits.  I actually pretty much only wear my chestnut shoes with odd...
 I agree with the point about dressing for one's environment, but I think that the assertion about grey and black may be more Square Mile or Canary Wharf than big city writ large (or perhaps financial services more broadly). When i worked in Midtown I probably saw more brown shoes than black ones; probably less prevalent when I worked in Mayfair but common nonetheless. Even in my own CBD environment, where brown shoes is pushing it but something one can get away with...
 What about something like this? Simple, sublime, and a great complement to brown and black Hallams: 
Tweedy: just got home and measured my UK9 348s (purchased on Jermyn St., not Barneys). About 12.5 heel to toe, which lines up with what Fred says above. Or at least within 1/8 inch. The other fellow with the dainite soles would have a larger measurement since C&J edge trimming on dainite is not as close as on leather, or at least it isn't with my Tetburys. So based in this at any rate I'd say yours are UK9D/US10C.
I like the stitchy-dressed-as-claghorn fit. It would be an interesting FC: dress like [member x with signature style]
Noodles if you like the 348 then you're certain to like the U, the S, or both.  In terms of styling Vass is versatile as hell because they're willing to customize nearly anything, so if you want a black galosh oxford with no broguing, then no problem.
 I only have one pair of Vass which are 42.5 regular width on the U last.  They are roughly the same heel-to-ball as my 348E monks, but are narrower across the toe box and have a higher instep.  This is great for me as I have narrow feet. IIRC you went with a wide for the 348 so I'd suggest doing the same with the U.  The F-last is as I understand wider than the U so I don't know if that would be necessary or not.  If you're considering a non-CBD shoe to complement your...
I've always been of the view that the upcharge for C&J HG vs. BG is worth it in terms of better quality - mainly in that the creasing of the leather is far less pronounced in HG.  I don't like EG (Galways aside) so I can't speak to that comparison, but I do struggle to justify the G&G premium.  My recent experimenting has been with Vass, which seem on par with C&J HG quality-wise and are cheaper (when ordered direct) than BG. I've never tried Carmina but with the euro...
 They certainly don't.  The "red line" (fully canvassed) MTM is €469/£569/$1049, and presumably the EU and UK prices include VAT as well.  So that's pretty far off base from any recent FX pattern - I just wish I could figure out a good reason to go to a Euro-denominated city with a SS in the near future. Even at the GBP rate it's competitive with KW, though, and I'll be in London in a couple of weeks.  Would be great to see pics of your suit, even sans cuffs, if you have a...